Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,716   Posts: 1,514,766   Online: 810

Shooter
    Multi Format

FS: 35mm Rangefinder Cameras! Konica S2, Minolta AL-S!! Cheap!!!

Hi All,

I never got around to doing anything with these, mostly because they're kinda large, and me with a new kid means I have to stay pocketable with my rigs. So Out they go! Mostly untested by me, no film run through so very cheap!

1) Konica auto S2, with f/1.8 45mm Hexanon, very well-regarded lens in great shape, apertures from f/ 1.8 to 16. Meter responds to light, seems ok, shutter speeds (1 - 1/500) sound right and measure well in "poor man's shutter tester" (Audacity freeware and built in computer microphone). Has a black half case but no strap or cap. A ding near the wind arm, otherwise nice looking. Focus is smooth, rangefinder seems all right. This camera can be used in manual mode, despite the "auto" in its name. 30 US dollars and it's yours!

2) Minolta AL, believe it's the AL-s variant, with f/2 45mm Rokkor-PF lens. Lens is very clear, no marks or scratches, apertures from f/ 2 to 22. Camera has shutter speeds 1 sec to 1/1000 sec, the latter a rarity for an old leaf-shutter camera-- the slow speeds sound good and test well (see above) but the highest two are optimistic (about 1/400 and 1/700 as far as I can tell). Cosmetics are very nice, and it has a Never-ready case and strap, with the previous owner's name in label maker tape on it. Focus is smooth, rangefinder seems good. Also only 30 damn US dollars.

Have yourself some old fashioned metal camera goodness at (as my friend used to say) crackhead prices. If you think I haven't been smoking enough rock, or too much, make an offer! Good gift for the film beginner! Can be used as weapons! Not found in stores, usually!

--nosmok

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    pm sent on auto S2
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

RFs for sale

PM sent on the Minolta...Ron J.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sale(s) pending. You guys are quick!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have both, but can highly recommend the Minolta, I reckon that it is the best of their rangefinders.....cracking lens, especially for colour.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey everybody, it appears I was mistaken and the Minolta is NOT an AL-s, but rather a plain old AL. I found a picture of an AL-s online somewhere and it looked the most like my camera of any. Apparently Minolta made a lot of variations in this model. All other descriptions still apply.

--nosmok

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OK, the Minolta is still here, so I'm lowering the price! 20 damn US dollars, or BO, plus shipping!! Come on, anyone out there who's old school RF curious?

--nosmok

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fine, I'll take it. PMing you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Minolta sale pending. Thanks.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin