Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,824   Posts: 1,581,956   Online: 934

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

FS: 10" Portra 160NC for Cirkut - new, frozen

OK, this isn't really another "weird film" sale by me. The film isn't so much weird as really scarce at this point. I've got 12 sealed boxes of film for the Cirkut 10 camera. It's Portra 160NC, 10" by 6 feet. Expired in 2005, but it's been frozen since purchase by the original owner, then frozen since it was shipped to me.

I'm officially giving up on ever getting a Cirkut 10. I mean, you can find them for sale, but not for prices that I can afford to sink into such a side niche of the hobby right now, or anytime in the foreseeable future. So I figure I better pass this stuff along to someone who already has one, but is needing some color film to feed it.

I'd like to get $60 a roll, plus shipping. I'll eat the Paypal fees. But what I'd really like to do is get this ALL into the hands of someone for whom it becomes their longtime source of film, so they can use the camera a lot. So to begin with, I'd like to find someone willing to buy the whole lot from me, for the discounted price of only $600 plus shipping. Anyone game? I'll wait a while hoping to find that person, then start selling individual rolls if nobody wants all 12.

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quarter after eight in the morning and I already learned something new - that is a heckuva camera!
    "There is no such thing as objective reality in a photograph"

My flickr and (gasp!) dpug photos - take a look if you like.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    wow, what a lucky find for someone!

anyone shooting a cirkut is probably not afraid of expired film.
    this batch is downright FRESH by my standards.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Would make for wonderful 10x12 color prints. If anyone would process it. Or print it. Hmm...

Shooter
    35mm
    I suppose you could also cut it into 8x10, if you thought it was worth it.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Ouch - I hope nobody cuts up this no-longer-made-by-anyone film for something other than its intended purpose! You can still buy brand new Portra film in 8x10, not to mention a fair number of other film choices in that size. Looking up the prices of said film I can see why it would be tempting to cut this instead. Maybe I should price it much higher to discourage that :-(

Duncan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by frobozz View Post
    Ouch - I hope nobody cuts up this no-longer-made-by-anyone film for something other than its intended purpose! You can still buy brand new Portra film in 8x10, not to mention a fair number of other film choices in that size. Looking up the prices of said film I can see why it would be tempting to cut this instead. Maybe I should price it much higher to discourage that :-(

Duncan
    Is it definitely discontinued now? I have plenty, but wondered whether they had finally cut it off. I am shocked (but pleased) Kodak has continued to make it for so long.

I do think it is the nicest color film ever made for Cirkut.

Your price seems adequate so far for discouraging offenders.

BTW, #10 Cirkut Camera prices seem down, so maybe you could reconsider getting one. I'm not that inclined to sell one at the current prices, but could probably steer you to one.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The lowest I've found one so far for a complete-ish working outfit is $1500. Which historically is probably a steal as far as Cirkut #10 prices go, but still wayyyyy more than I can afford to go down that road for the moment. I was kind of hoping for the "barn find" Cirkut somewhere, but it hasn't happened yet, and their value seems too well known for there to be much chance of that.

I could be wrong that Kodak has discontinued making this film for it, as I'm hardly a Cirkut expert. By all means someone point me to where it's still available if it is. But all my attempts to track down former sources of it led to dead ends, which is why I grabbed this outdated stuff back when I had the chance.

Duncan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Yes, I'd call $1500 a very good price for a #10 if the important bits are there and in good order. $3000 was sort of the going prices for a couple decades or so for a complete setup, with quite a few people asking higher prices at the peak.

I'm sure your information on film availability is more up to date than mine. I used to keep up, but have not lately. I was just curious if Kodak had made it official.

Good luck with the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by frobozz View Post
    The lowest I've found one so far for a complete-ish working outfit is $1500. Which historically is probably a steal as far as Cirkut #10 prices go, but still wayyyyy more than I can afford to go down that road for the moment. I was kind of hoping for the "barn find" Cirkut somewhere, but it hasn't happened yet, and their value seems too well known for there to be much chance of that.

I could be wrong that Kodak has discontinued making this film for it, as I'm hardly a Cirkut expert. By all means someone point me to where it's still available if it is. But all my attempts to track down former sources of it led to dead ends, which is why I grabbed this outdated stuff back when I had the chance.

Duncan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin