Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,685   Posts: 1,548,584   Online: 1164

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

FREE: Nikkor 35mm f/2 AI with problems

This lens has very faint haze inside, which turned out to be fungus, based on my camera repair place.

Therefore, it has absolutely no value, and could serve as a great project lens: disassemble, clean, break, throw off a bridge, what's the limit?

Pay for postage anywhere in the world, and it's yours.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02044.jpg   DSC02045.jpg   DSC02046.jpg   DSC02048.jpg  
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    DIBS! I can use it.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dibbed to 2f/2f.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Damn, too late.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Damn nice lens. I only own two Nikor 35mm lens, and that be one of them.

It went to a deserving person.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    Damn nice lens. I only own two Nikor 35mm lens, and that be one of them.

It went to a deserving person.

tim in san jose
    Aw, shucks. Thanks, Tim.

I have the pre AI version of this lens, which I just love to death, but it won't work on my new D700 "alternative process" camera. This will hold me until I can spend some money on AI glass equivalent to my pre-AI glass. (All my money has gone to buying the camera.) I have used lenses with fungus before (my main 50mm lens is one of them), and they are OK IME. I will see if it is minor enough to be removed successfully, and if not, I'll pass it along for free once I get some better lenses. Michael tells me that fungus can be contagious, so I'll have to separate this from my other stuff.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i love it when guys pass along free stuff. thank's to all who go out of their way in this manner.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    2F/2F may be able to use the AI parts to convert his pre-AI lens!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Shriver View Post
    2F/2F may be able to use the AI parts to convert his pre-AI lens!
    That is a good idea. I am loathe to convert any of my beautious pre AI glass, though. I realize I can still use the lenses on my Fs and Nikkormats even if I AI them, but it is just sentimentality and a perhaps-weird sort of "respect" for them, I guess. Kind of like converting an old car to fuel injection. It makes a ton of sense, but just seems wrong.
    2F/2F

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin