Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,562   Posts: 1,573,325   Online: 1033

Thread: FS: Nikon FE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

FS: Nikon FE

What your first 35mm camera should be: rugged, reliable, easy to use, and a Nikon.

The FE needs no introduction, so if you need one I recommend the eloquent Photography in Malaysia website: http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...s/fe/index.htm

The FE was one of the few Nikons to allow both AI and non-AI lenses (the latter in stop-down metering mode).

I've used this body as a backup body, but lately I haven't been using it much since I'm not doing contract work anymore.

150$ OBO + shipping to anywhere. Paypal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02065.jpg   DSC02064.jpg   DSC02066.jpg  
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great camera....currently using one myself!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Price drop: 100$ OBO.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have been looking for one and cannot say no to this one. PM on the way.

Bob E.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This camera is SOLD!

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've always wondered if the AI ring from an FE, with it's flipping tab, can be mounted on a camera without the tab. It would be great to be able to put my pre-AI lenses on my modern Nikon body without modifying them.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    I've always wondered if the AI ring from an FE, with it's flipping tab, can be mounted on a camera without the tab. It would be great to be able to put my pre-AI lenses on my modern Nikon body without modifying them.
    The only body I know of that can be modified to use pre-AI lenses is the F5, and from what I have heard a lit of those came from the factory with the modification, but if you have one that didn't Nikon can do it easily.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    35mm
    I am in love with the FE2

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin