Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,713   Posts: 1,483,018   Online: 670

Shooter
    Medium Format

Sinar F 8x10 Outfit with 3 lenses, extension bellows/rail, groundglass, etc.

I am selling this for a friend who is not very conversant with computers - I am not 100% conversant with large format equipment, so please bear with. Not everything is shown in the pictures. Pictures may improve if I get a minute to re-shoot them. The blacks looked washed out; this equipment actually looks pretty nice in real life.

This package includes a Pelican Case ("King Pelican," like a 1600) with carefully-fitted foam and:

All of the below in excellent cosmetic and working order:
    • Sinar F mount/tripod mount

• Sinar rail sections (3, one chrome, two black)

• Sinar F 8x10 rear standard with sinar groundglass

• Sinar F main bellows

• Sinar F extension bellows (small bore)

• Sinar F front standard

• Sinar F Sinar/Copal Shutter (runs, but I don't have the special cable release. Shutter does cock and trip when you stick a long, straightened paperclip into the quick-release socket. I think I can point you to where to find the cable release). This also requires a DB lens board. I will see if the cable is kicking around somewhere, but don't count on it.

• Small spare parts

• Focusing dark cloth

Plus lenses!!!
    • Schneider [Linhof] Technika Convertible Symmar (240/5.6 to 420/12) lens in Copal #3 shutter and Sinar lens board. Glass is clean and clear, cosmetics look great; shutter is hitting more accurately than my medium format cameras (looks like 1.2 sec for 1 sec)

• Rodenstock APO-Ronar 480/9 in Copal #3 (no lens board) (same solid condition as above)

• Schneider Converitible Symmar (210/5.6 to 370/12) (everything blacked out but the serial number; some Schneider spots arount the rear element; could stand to be cleaned). No shutter or lens board

He's asking $2,500 or best offer. I have the set at my house, so I can answer questions that can be resolved through reasonable inspection.

Shipping would be extra and at cost. For shipping, this could be broken into multiple smaller packages that could go by mail or UPS. The whole thing is very, very heavy. Paypal is acceptable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20110420_202803.jpg   20110420_202626.jpg   20110420_202858.jpg   20110420_202924.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This is the same camera listed as before, with a lower price, better pictures, and more information. I am selling this for a friend, so if you make an offer that is lower than what you see here, it may be a couple of days before I can get back to you. I have had the whole thing checked over by Don Cardwell, so I have updated and expanded the descriptions.

The whole package has been repriced at $1,750 – if you want to buy less than the whole thing, the prices are below. Shipping is extra, I won’t mark it up, but I will promise that it is not cheap to ship an 8x10 view camera. Paypal is fine.

• Sinar F 8x10 view camera. Consists of F front standard, F rear standard for 8x10 (note that this is set up for portraits; if you need more than 1” of rise, you need an F2 front standard), tripod body (3/8”), four rail sections (missing end caps, but this does not affect function), 8x10 Sinar grid ground glass, standard bellows. Nice cosmetic and perfect functional condition. Includes Pelican 1600 (f/k/a “King Pellican”) case and a dark cloth. You need to provide lens/shutter, lens board (I will throw in a rough but functional one), film holder, and sturdy tripod. $850.

• Sinar F small bellows (retired to shade duty). This is a bellows that you can use as a compendium shade. I have only one of the two L-shaped supports (I am told you need two). You can probably rig something to keep the shade up - if you don't want to just fork over $15 for B&H for a used second bracket. $25 (Domestic shipping: $7)

• Sinar/Copal Shutter (Norma vintage but fits most Sinars). This is a modern, mechanically-timed, press-type shutter for using barrel lenses with a view camera (you need a cone-type lens board). Good working order (tape on it was being used for filters). Includes the $120 cable release and hardwired PC connector. Does not include the secondary cable release (you can find this on eBay, but no one is shooting 8x10 these days so quickly that you need the functionality this provides). Includes the manual from a newer version $500. (Domestic shipping: $10)

• Schneider [Linhof] Technika Convertible Symmar (240/5.6 to 420/12 - equivalent to a 28mm and 60mm) lens in Copal #3 shutter. 1979ish vintage, single-coated, and – from what I am told – a little easier to get shadow detail from than the newer MC optics. Front filter ring is a little distorted (still takes a filter), and there is a dent in the back (straightened where the metal extends past the glass - visible in one of the pictures). 8x10 coverage, but don't count on movements. Takes a modern Copal 3 lens board. $250. (Domestic shipping: $10).

• Rodenstock APO-Ronar 480/9 (19") in Copal #3. Gorgeous lens in a very modern shutter (it’s still a rim set, but the rim is a couple mms deep from front to back and very easy to click). Glass is great. Another 1979ish single-coated lens. Your portraits will look awesome. 8x10 coverage, but don't count on movements. Takes a modern Copal 3 lens board. $450 (Domestic shipping: $10).

• Schneider Converitible Symmar (210/5.6 to 370/12) (everything blacked out but the serial number (this is a 1968-1969 lens); some Schneider spots around the rear element; could stand to be cleaned). This is in a barrel. Attempting to convert it to a shutter will likely result in the loss of the ball-bearing detent for the aperture (or so I have been warned). Requires a barrel lens board. 8x10 coverage, but don't count on movements. $75 (Domestic shipping: $7).

I can send details of any of the pictures below. They are a little out of order, but if you are interested in something, I can send you as many pictures as I have.

Thanks
    Dante

Shooter
    Large Format

I was wondering if this camera is still available.

Thanks.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Any chance this is still available to purchase...just hoping :-) Michael

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin