Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,662   Posts: 1,623,933   Online: 843

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

FS - Petzval Clean Out - Non-French

NON-FRENCH PETZVALS

Looking back at some of my older photos, I realized that most of my best shots were taken when I had few lenses and crappy equipment. The crappy equipment is my norm, so, I've decided to try a random lens sell-off.

Not all of these lenses will be sold. There are going to be 2 groups of petzvals (French and not French) and probably one of RR lenses. If by some miracle, they did sell down to the end, I'm going to keep at least a couple of them and shoot only those this summer. So, if you want one, get it now. It might not be available later on.

International sales are ok. Customs forms will be filled out correctly with the proper amounts so don't bother asking them to be falsified.

Payments: paypal is ok; $$ to APUG is sold here

If you have questions or want to buy one, email or PM me only. And please be specific about which lens you mean. As unlikely as it seems, if there is a mad rush, I'll go by the order I receive the PM or email offering to buy with immediate payment. Posting in the listing doesn't contact me.

All focal lengths, image circles, apertures are approximate. You should EXPECT cleaning wisps and possibly up to 1mm of separation. Most have none, but my eyes aren't as good as they used to be and more serious things are mentioned. These are not new off the show room...

Shipping: $10 for 1 or 2 lenses in the USA. More lenses than that, we'll work it out.

Elliot (marked on outer ring):

7" focal length, 8" image circle. No focus knob, but the outer ring is there with a flange, so if you keep the ring, you can more easily attach it to a board. 3 1/4" diameter at flange; 3 /2" tall. Front element marked: 2.75 AAA This is likely French but it isn't marked. Leather (?) cap is included. Cut for stops, none included. This is an excellent lens that is better than it might look.Price: $145

B&J Ingento:

6" focal length, 6" image circle. It has an internal ledge as if it were meant to have stops but isn't cut for stops. f4, or if you got the ledge out, you could get it to f3. This is a nice looking and nice working lens. Price $140

Philly:

8" focal length; 8" image circle; f5; 2 1/2" at threads, 3 3/4" tall. Cut for stops but none included. Leather cap, probably non-original is include. Engraved Williams, Brown and Earle, Philadelphia Price: $140

Queen:

6" focal length; 5 1/2" image circle; f3. Diameter at htreads approx 2 3/4"; 4 3/4" tall. Engraved James queen Philadelphia. From the hardware, I'd say this is probably French made, but is not marked France that I can find. 2-3mm of front edge separation. Price $145
    Last edited by rrankin; 05-09-2011 at 07:25 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    ingento is sold pending payment

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sorry, but I left out some info on the Elliot - it is f5 as it stands, cut for stops. That's pretty much the norm for a portrait petzval. If you were handy enough to remove the internal ledge made to hold the stops and block light from coming in through the cut, then the plain glass/barrel combo would be around f3.4. Don't know how difficult that would be though.
    Richard

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Elliot is temporarily on hold pending payment for Nebraska

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Queen temp on hold pending payment

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The Philly is still available, the Elliot is still on temp hold. all others are gone. Cheers, Richard

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Elliot is gone, only the Philly remains

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Last call on Philly before I keep it - $125 SHIPPED in the USA.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Philly is gone over on LFPF

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin