Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,277   Posts: 1,534,843   Online: 768

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

FS: Eastman 2-D 8x10 Military Model

This is a circa 1941 (to judge by the serial number on the military plate) 8x10 Eastman 2-D, identified as Camera, Ground, Type C-1.

The camera was refinished by the previous owner. It's a nice, glossy finish, but was also spottingly applied to the brasswork and ident plates. There's a scratch in the finish on the 8x10 back, below the ground glass. The ground glass is a replacement, generic bought from ebay when I got the camera a couple of years ago.

The bellows are supple and look nice but have small cracks in some of the corners. I applied a single coat of Tulip brand matte black fabric paint to the inside corners and they appear to be light tight. I used the camera yesterday with extensions from 6-13" in bright sunlight and had no problems.

Two pieces of brass are missing. One is the round tab on the rear rail which pushes down the stop on the base to allow the rear standard to rack backwards off the base. The other is the brass stop on the left side of the 8x10 back. Without it, care needs to be taken to prevent a film holder from sliding too far and losing its seal to the back. I have template drawings for both which I can give you but I have no facility for sheet metal fabrication so I never made replacements (I would have used aluminum)

It includes:
    tripod block
    rear rail (finished to match the camera but it number doesn't match the camera)

5x7 back (with no glass) from an earlier model (stamped as EKC successors to ROC)
    4x5 back (wood, made by Graflex, adapted to an ugly, corroded, but functional graflok. graflok needs a gasket underneath it - there's a light leak to the wood)

Asking $550. I'd rather a buyer local to NYC, or within a couple of hours but will ship CONUS at your cost (which will not be cheap I'm sure).

Thanks,
    Dan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0350.jpg   IMG_0354.jpg   IMG_0346.jpg   IMG_0347.jpg   IMG_0349.jpg  

IMG_0345.jpg   IMG_0348.jpg  

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    offers anyone?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Offers? otherwise ebay on Monday

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Last bump before the bay

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You're about two months too early.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    NEW ASKING PRICE:

$425 for camera/tripod block/extension only. 4x5 and 5x7 backs not included at that price.

Dan

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    No longer available.

Thanks,
    Dan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin