Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,948   Online: 777

Shooter
    Medium Format

FS: Leica Vario-Elmar-R 35-70 f/4 ROM - mint in box

I recently went on a search for the 35-70 f/4 in the R mount. I found two and gobbled them up as I couldn't tell which was better. As it turns out, both were mint in box and absolutely gorgeous!

Well, I don't need two of these beauties as you can imagine, so I am putting one up for sale here.

Comes with the original box (matching serial #) caps, hood, and inserts.

This lens looks unused and the glass and barrel are pristine. I am asking $945 shipped CONUS by USPS. Buyer covers any payment fees.

From the pictures you can see the stellar condition of this lens:

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Monday morning bump

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Just curious and a free bump: how did you like this lens (or the other copy)? As I understand it this was the kit lens with the R8/R9. Being a quite recent design (1997?) -and perhaps because of its unspectacular specs- there aren't many (user) reviews around. What's your take? I know that it's sharp, but what about all the other stuff?

Thanks, Sander

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sandermarijn View Post
    Just curious and a free bump: how did you like this lens (or the other copy)? As I understand it this was the kit lens with the R8/R9. Being a quite recent design (1997?) -and perhaps because of its unspectacular specs- there aren't many (user) reviews around. What's your take? I know that it's sharp, but what about all the other stuff?

Thanks, Sander
    Hi Sander,

Actually, this is not the kit lens. There are several 35-70 zooms produced by Leica and most have variable aperture. This one is the only 35-70 zoom that was designed by Leica engineers in Germany and was not a kit lens.

As to your primary question, I love it. It is very small, yet built like a tank. The zoom and focus rings are incredible. The optics rival anything I've used (which includes Canon L primes and Mamiya RZ glass, among others). This lens is so nice that I actually don't mind having two copies, as strange as that sounds.

- Tom

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks Tom, that's the sort of user talk i like. And no, it doesn't seem strange to me that you wouldn't mind having two copies. Pity you're in the US BTW- I would have been interested if closer by. Best, Sander

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sandermarijn View Post
    Thanks Tom, that's the sort of user talk i like. And no, it doesn't seem strange to me that you wouldn't mind having two copies. Pity you're in the US BTW- I would have been interested if closer by. Best, Sander
    If you are interested we can probably work something out regarding shipping. Let me know by PM. Thanks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    All reasonable offers considered.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    SOLD

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin