Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,469   Posts: 1,570,889   Online: 974

Shooter
    Multi Format

FS: Homemade Zeiss Wideangle Pinhole Camera

This was originally a Zeiss folding camera with torn bellows and a broken shutter so I decided to turn it into a pinhole camera. It uses 120 film.

The arms, bellows, and lens have been removed and the front has been covered with a piece of sheet metal and some carbon fiber just for fun . The leatherette was disgusting so I removed it a replaced it with some cheap grey imitation leather from a craft store. The red film counting window was punctured so that has also been replaced. I also added a velcro/leather cover for the window to ensure no light enters the camera when it's not in use. The inside of the camera was cleaned and repainted black to keep it light tight. I've also added a piece of leather with velcro to cover the clasp for the door to keep it closed since it can get a little loose at times.

The shutter is a lens cap that is removed and then replaced at the end of the exposure. I forget the actual pinhole diameter but I've found that 2-3 second exposures on a sunny day using 100 speed film is generally right. There is also a 52-55 step up ring allowing for the use of filters for effects and prolonged exposure time.

I've added a few photos of the camera and a few photos I've taken using the camera below.

PM me if interested!

My photos taken using this camera

40$ Shipped $ PayPal'd CONUS

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice buy! Nice shots too!
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Inspiring, might send me into the attic just to see what I can rip into. May find a use for an old 1970s tie dyed shirt for a body glove/covering. A psychedelic pin hole MoJo camera.

Nice job.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks - It was a fun project but I haven't used it in a while. I'd like to see someone else have some fun with it. The price basically covers the materials I put into it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So is anyone interested in this? I forgot to mention that it takes 6x9 images.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    one last time

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Still available?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    yup..send me a pm

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin