Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,579   Posts: 1,545,747   Online: 929

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul VanAudenhove View Post
    +1

And their brokerage fees can easily add $50+ to the cost!
    Canada Post charges a flat $5.00 fee to clear a parcel. Fedex charges $10.00 plus HST for a total of $11.30.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Legislation to end the Postal strike will be tabled in Parliament on Monday June 20th.
    It appears that there will be some opposition, which will delay passage.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rrankin View Post
    I think that overall they do an incredibly difficult job very well.
    What's so "incredibly difficult" in delivering mail? It's not rocket science...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    No complaints about Canada Post service and their low brokerage fees. If you're into "shock and awe" fees and charges, try UPS standard to Canada from the U.S.
    I had a sekonic l-558 lost by Canada Post coming from Utah. Somehow it ended up in Ontario and never seen again. It took 4 months to get my money back from USPS because of delays and nonexistent support in Canada.

And for a lens coming from Vancouver to Calgary sent express post, instead of next day it arrive 3 days later. And again support was lousy, just a "sorry we can't help you " attitude.

And based on the scant delivery of any mail in a Friday, I'd say they are doing pretty well with their 4 day work week!

For a relatively small population and compared to my experience with couriers and NZ Post and USPS, I find the Canada post lacking in every way - including price.

While I agree that ups and FedEx charge way too much, at least they deliver and in time, which equates to better value in my book.
    -----------------------

Segedi.com

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by segedi View Post
    I had a sekonic l-558 lost by Canada Post coming from Utah. Somehow it ended up in Ontario and never seen again. It took 4 months to get my money back from USPS because of delays and nonexistent support in Canada.

And for a lens coming from Vancouver to Calgary sent express post, instead of next day it arrive 3 days later. And again support was lousy, just a "sorry we can't help you " attitude.

And based on the scant delivery of any mail in a Friday, I'd say they are doing pretty well with their 4 day work week!

For a relatively small population and compared to my experience with couriers and NZ Post and USPS, I find the Canada post lacking in every way - including price.

While I agree that ups and FedEx charge way too much, at least they deliver and in time, which equates to better value in my book.
    Exceptions apparently prove the rule in your world. The only eB** purchase I ever ended up eating was plainly a USPS error. Overall, no complaints with Canada Post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Exceptions apparently prove the rule in your world. The only eB** purchase I ever ended up eating was plainly a USPS error. Overall, no complaints with Canada Post.
    FWIW, the phrase "Exception that proves the rule" uses an older, rarer meaning for "proves". In this use, "proves" means the same as "tests".

The root is similar to the root for the term "proof" when referring to alcohol content in alcoholic beverages.

And I agree, I have always had reliable service from Canada Post, and marvel at how well they serve a country with the size and geographical and cultural challenges of Canada.

However I too wish their tracking system extended to their lower priced services.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    "However I too wish their tracking system extended to their lower priced services."

You get what you pay for.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For me it's just so positive. I pay all my bills electronically and I have noticed a significant drop in junk (none) in my mailbox. My KEH order got here in record time. Keep striking posties, I don't need you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin