Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,912   Posts: 1,556,250   Online: 1058

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

4x5 Graphic View Camera complete kit - $500

Virtually brand new. Looks like it just came from the factory.
    Everything works perfectly.

1. 4x5 Graphic Monorail View Camera w/red bellows, ground-glass back, and lens board
    2. Schneider Convertible Symmar 150mm f/5.6 (265mm f/12) without "Schneideritis" in a Prontor-Press Shutter
    3. Six - 4x5 Fidelity Film Holders (new style)
    4. Graphic Heavy-Duty Tripod Clamp-Adapter
    5. Large black focusing cloth
    6. Graphic custom case
    7. Instruction Book

I would prefer to sell as a kit. $500 plus actual shipping cost.
    Wide-angle rangefinder lenses in Leica screw-mount might be acceptable as a trade.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1020029.JPG   P1020028.JPG   P1020027.jpg   P1020031.JPG   P1020024.jpg  

P1020022.JPG   P1020025.jpg   P1020032.jpg  
    Last edited by Karl K; 06-26-2011 at 05:40 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Think this could be shipped to Canada at a reasonable price?

Cheers!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm totally new to LF so please excuse my newbie questions.

Does this fit on a Manfrotto tripod or do I need a special adapter?

Also, do you need a special light meter for the exposure compensation (bellows extension)?

Cheers!

Guy
    Last edited by ggervais; 06-26-2011 at 05:17 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ggervais View Post
    I'm totally new to LF so please excuse my newbie questions.

Does this fit on a Manfrotto tripod or do I need a special adapter?

Also, do you need a special light meter for the exposure compensation (bellows extension)?

Cheers!

Guy
    The camera needs the combination rail clamp/tripod head, which is in the pictures. (Graphic Views are useless without that part, unless you fabricate something.)

The bottom of that tripod head/clamp has orange nubby rubber (usually at least somewhat cracked and worn) and a 1/4 inch female tripod fitting. So, to use it, you mount the Graflex head/clamp on top of your own tripod head. It is a bit "gangly" looking, but it works. Or, since the Graflex head/clamp has it's own pan and tilt, I guess you could mount it in place of your tripod head if you have a lighter-duty tripod that uses a 1/4 inch fitting to mount the head.

This is a Graphic View (I), which was the only model with it's exact styling. It's a very beautiful camera IMHO. Smooth, uncluttered styling, base tilts, and a spring back. The GV II models look similar in basic styling, and the models share rails. But the II's have a longer rail, and have axis tilts instead of base tilts, which required a cosmetic redesign of the carrier frames as well. They are still very beautiful, though a bit more "boxy" looking. The II's have a few variations as well, but the differences can be nonexistent if the cameras have been modified some time in the past 60 years. Originally, the early model of the GV II had a spring back, with a Graflok back as on option, while the later model had a Graflok back as the standard. But modifications were common.

An early spring-back Graphic View II was my first view camera, and second camera. It was given to me by my first photography instructor. I was stupid and sold it for a few hundred bucks when I got my SINAR. I had been drooling over a SINAR even since I started shooing view cameras. I didn't like the fact that the GV didn't have a Graflok back, and I figured I would never use it again. I regret selling it, especially since the photo instructor is no longer with us. I hope to replace it some day with a Graflok back model. They are very solid and easy to use cameras, within their limits. They are similar in philosophy (cheap, simple, light) and general feel to the old metal Calumet monorails, but better in quality (and cosmetic appearance). I backpacked with mine many times, and though it could definitely be pulled off, the SINAR F is much easier to do that with.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 06-26-2011 at 05:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for that great explanation of the tripod mounting system. It is rock solid on a tripod. The clamp works like a charm...so simple and yet so secure.

I weighed the kit and it's about 20 pounds.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    As far as needing a special light meter, I think that would be nice but not a requirement. Unless you are doing a lot of table-top close up work, the bellows extensions will be minimal and not require exposure compensation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    2F/2F please excuse my bad manners.

Thank you for a really thorough explanation!

Regards,

Guy

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Price reduction: $500 includes regular shipping within CONUS. Contact me for shipping charges outside CONUS.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin