Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,199   Online: 991

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Rolleicord V - Very Clean Condition.

This is a very clean, Rolleicord V, Serial # 1552770 in excellent, working condition. Film tested and fully functional with all shutter speeds sounding good thanks to servicing by KEH after I bought it. It functions as it's supposed to throughout.

The camera would be called Mint on the auction site. It was hard for me to find one this clean (took me three tries).

The Schneider Kreuznach Xenar 1:3.5 taking lens, renowned for its sharpness, is clean, clear of fungus, haze, separation, and cleaning marks. A tiny hairline scratch in the coating, you might not even see and a few speckles of internal dust that have had no effect on rendered image quality.

I’ve shot many rolls of film with this camera and it produces very sharp images as per specs and reputation. Ground glass and attached magnifier are clean. The shutter sounds accurate on all settings, and exposure and focus are smooth and fluid. The shutter cocking mechanism works fluidly with no issues. The pop-up hood opens and closes with fluidity. The focusing screen is fairly clean, minor flaws only. The pop out magnifier operates normally and is clean.

There is light paint wear in the usual places along the rear body edge. Other minor cosmetic-only blemishing. Inside is clean and free of rust.

Shutter speeds from 1/500 to B, Apertures from 3.5 to 22. Self-timer. Mutiple Exposure setting. Flash sync settings. At the X setting, electronic flash can be used at all shutter speeds and flashbulbs*can be used at speeds up to 1/30th. The M setting enables flashbulbs, which are generally obsolete,*to be used at all speeds but is unsuitable for electronic flash. (I have not tested flash with this camera).

The Rolleicord produces 12 6x6 images in colour or monochrome on standard 120 film. By means of special Rollei accessories (not supplied) it can also produce 16 6x4.5 or 24 4x4 images on 120 film or 24x36mm images on 35mm film.*

Included is a glass Francke & Heidecke yellow Bay (correct) filter.

Also included: an original leather case in fair to good condition, but it has no strap and one seam has been repaired with good thread.

Original brochure "The Practical Accessories" from Rollei also included in good condition.

$225 or best offer plus actual shipping + insurance (required) to the lower 48.

Please pay by paypal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rolleicord_01.JPG   Rolleicord_02.JPG   Rolleicord_04.JPG   Rolleicord_05.JPG   Rolleicord_06.JPG  

Last edited by jglass; 07-10-2011 at 09:51 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Jeff Glass

Photo Blog
    Website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just to let folks know:

I set it at this price because I saw one sell for about that on the auction site and this camera is so clean and performs as it should. Seems like most of these models have very sticky slow shutter speeds, lots of lens fuzz and other issues. Often buyers have to just assume they'll have to CLA a camera of this age when they get it. This one has had a CLA by KEH and doesn't need anything but film. Ready to go.
    Jeff Glass

Photo Blog
    Website

Shooter
    Instant Films
    Looks great. Id buy it if i didnt already have a 'cord IV

Shooter
    35mm
    Beautiful camera.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Jeff,

I'd like to buy your Rolleicord. PM sent.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sale is pending . . .
    Jeff Glass

Photo Blog
    Website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, this camera is available again. The person who bought it (for the asking price) decided his neck/back injury would not permit him to use a waist level finder.

So. . . here it is again, in the same condition. It was also pointed out to me that the rear door also has a very slight dent in it.
    Jeff Glass

Photo Blog
    Website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would have been all over this had I not bought a Rolleicord a few days ago.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Can the Maxwell screen for the Rolleiflex be fitted to the Rolleicord?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry, folks, this camera is sold.
    Jeff Glass

Photo Blog
    Website

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin