Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,924   Posts: 1,556,746   Online: 1008

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

FS - my gorgeous Mamiya 645 24/4.0 lens

I really really hate to do this, but I have my eye on some other camera equipment and need to raise the money to try to buy it. If this doesn't sell quickly I'll miss my chance at the other stuff, and will stop trying to sell this (and part of me hopes that is what happens!) I've got the insanely rare, frighteningly huge and gorgeous lump of glass known as the Mamiya 645 24/4.0 full-frame fisheye. It's 180 degrees in the corners, very sharp, and in very good (but by no means collector-shelf-perfect) cosmetic condition.

It's got 4 built in filters on a turret dial - UV, Skylight 1B, LB-A and LB-B (which look like very mild light balancing filters), and a built in lens hood that's designed to not be in the areas where it would vignette. It's got tiny bits of paint wear along the various sharp edges of the body, a tiny bit of scuffing on the back side of the barrel near the filter dial, and just a couple of little cleaning marks on the coating near the very outside edges. Aperture blades oil-free and snappy. Comes with both original caps. The front one is kind of a rubber compound and doesn't stay on very well - a little careful heating might shrink it a bit but I've never bothered.

Check out the pictures and you'll see why I'm not really eager to give this up. It's by no means an everyday portrait lens, but in those cases where it's useful, just nothing else can even come close.

I'd like to get $1400 but would entertain offers. I'll pay shipping anywhere in the world. Paypal would be fine, but other methods would work too, subject to me verifying the payment is really good.

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Oh, here are a couple of pictures taken with it, to give you an idea...

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    A couple of more examples...

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    OK, missed out on that camera I really wanted :-( :-( :-(

But that means I won't be selling this and I'll get to use it some more! And frankly that's probably the better situation anyway :-) :-) :-)

Duncan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin