Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,942   Posts: 1,557,585   Online: 1191

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

FS - Whole plate camera

This is a King whole plate camera from Rochester, and it has a spiffy little white name plate to prove it...

I got this thinking I'd scavenge parts off of it for another camera, but decided to leave the old one alone. So, this one is a spare and needs to go out the door asap!

Max extension is around 17-18", lens board seems to be about 3 3/4" square, non included. Takes 7 1/2" wide holders (which I believe are the width of Eastmans, but you might also be able to use some cheaper Pocos in this). No holders included; lenses, tripod, etc are not included.

Only weighs 5lbs and very small folded up - see the film in 3rd photo.

Known issues: The front bellows pleats look ok but the ones towards the rear have pinholes in them and would need to be filled or taped. If you were using it inside, you could probably cover with your dark cloth and be ok unless it were fully extended. Also, the handle is broken and the clip to hold the camera together is missing. One knob is gone on the side (see 3rd photo for all those issues).

Please email or PM if interested or you have questions, and don't post here, as I probably won't see it.

Price: $160 shipped in the USA, Paypal and USPS money orders ok, $$to APUG if sold here

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Surely someone can use this, even if just for the spring back. Add whole plate size to your 8x10 camera! Make me an offer. I'm buried in stuff...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Need to look at this one Interesting as it's British style camera with a spring back. The missing parts aren't a problem and the price is fair

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Need to look at this one Interesting as it's British style camera with a spring back. The missing parts aren't a problem and the price is fair

Ian
    It might fit in a large flat-rate priority int'l box but I'm not sure what the current rates are on those.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    How about if I also toss in a 4 1/2" projection petzval with this? I need to see my floor again!!!!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    How about $125 for this camera SHIPPED in the USA?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You'd probably get more than thatin Ebay.co.uk in the UK (in pounds not $). I'd snap it up but all my spare cashe is in house rennovations and there's zero to spare until it's sold.

This is a real bargain the slight issues are easy to rectify, I restore real basket cases with many missing parts wood & brass so can speak from experience.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks, Ian. I had planned on using the back to convert another camera and decided I liked the other one the way it was, so this was unneeded.

Looks like it is sold pending payment.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    This alleged buyer from LFPF didn't bother to actually PAY for the camera, so it is back up for grabs.

Make an offer and it is probably yours... $$ to APUG if sold here.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sold.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin