Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,494   Online: 1102

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

LowePro Super Trekker AW & Halliburton Case

What a beast of a backpack, and with the Halliburton case, it becomes airline checkable.

This is a LowePro Super Trekker AW. They don't make this exact case any longer, it's been superceded by the AWII. Not much if any difference, that I can tell. It's green.

I put an entire 8x10 system in this case--Kodak Master Camera, 165mm Super Angulon, 240 Rodenstock, 360 Rodenstock, focusing cloth, film holders, shade, loupe. You can make it so heavy it's hard to carry. It has a proper waist belt and chest compression strap. What else can you put in here? I've had a whole Dynalite system in here...pack, three heads, cords, meter. It will swallow the largest Hasselblad system. It's truly enormous. It has fittings on the exterior to strap on lots of other stuff, and there's a tripod holding device on the pack. Also, it has a rain cover that is stored in a special flap at the bottom of the pack. It is in nearly new condition.

AND, if you slide it into the pictured Halliburton case, you can toss into the back of a truck or check it as luggage, and know for sure your gear is safe. There is no key for the lock, but replacement cylinders are available from Halliburton for about $30.

The latest Super Trekker is $450. I will sell this bag for $150 plus shipping.

I will sell the Halliburton for $75 plus shipping.

Buy them both together for $200 plus shipping.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1020328.JPG   P1020329.JPG   P1020330.JPG   P1020332.JPG   P1020334.JPG  

Last edited by wilsonneal; 08-13-2011 at 11:05 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Nice setup,wish I had the cash. Great deal for both pieces.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Someone asked the size of the Halliburton. It's 29" x 20" x 9.5". It appears to have been discontinued, but it once retailed for more than $500.
    Last edited by wilsonneal; 08-13-2011 at 05:00 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    And Sold. Heading to Australia. Thanks David.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin