Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,124   Posts: 1,613,516   Online: 1212

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Mamiya Universal Polaroid back with ugly body and dead lens.

This is my instant print body for my Press system, and it is time to move it along to a new owner.

It has a Polaroid back only. It has a non-op 90mm lens that I will include only if you want it. It is in poor condition and the shutter does not work. It is missing the cocking handle too. But the helical is worth having, if only to mount funky lenses on the camera.

It is in ratty condition and will never be beautiful. But it works fine. Most notably the Mamiya Universal trim is detached from the front, and the rangefinder brightening window is broken. All the pieces of the window are present, and I have taped them all together with Scotch tape. This keeps the camera safe and completely operational. You can track down the replacement glass or have it made, or, as I decided to do, just live with it as is, because it works fine. I also have the front trim piece.

This is ideal for someone who is already into this system, not somebody trying to get into it. Just throw a lens and a film back adapter on it and you are in business with an ugly but extremely good camera.

Or it could be a good way into a Polaroid 600SE type camera for someone interested in them, but not interested in the stupid prices they command. It is way cheaper and way more versatile than the Polaroid version, as you can use regular film as well. What you would need would be a lens, a Press adapter, Graflok adapter, etc., and a film back.

The Polaroid back is worth at least $100. I cannot reasonably charge anything more than $10 or $20 for the lens helical. The body is probably worth $75 even as is.

I would like to ask $175 OBO shipped to a U.S. address via medium flat rate box.

I won't separate the Polaroid back. This is going as a unit only.

Pictures will follow when I get a window to shoot some.

Thanks!
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 08-13-2011 at 03:24 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Instant Films
    PLEASE SHIP THIS INTERNATIONALLY, I am sending you a message.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    SOLD - Headed to the Great White North in exchange for $150 and a Mikhail Grabovski t-shirt.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin