Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,549   Posts: 1,646,307   Online: 949

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Epson Perfection 3200 film and slide scanner

This Epson 3200 will scan flatwork, negatives, or slides. It has been used sparingly. The glass is clean and clear without any scratches.

Included:
    1-35mm negative plate
    1-35mm slide plate
    1-medium format/4x5 plate

Drivers and Software available for free at the Epson website
    Original cost was about $300, as I recall.

Sell complete for $80, plus shipping.
    Because of the weight, kindly email me for shipping cost.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails skaner-epson-perfection-3200-photo_35456685_2_F.jpg  
    Last edited by Karl K; 08-17-2011 at 09:26 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    This is a good scanner, and a third-party company makes special anti-Newton glass that will really keep the 35mm film strips flat. I'm very pleased with mine; I'd buy this one if I didn't already have one! Here's a 6X6 scan made on the 3200:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bron HP5 RodBorAcetic 001.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Trask View Post
    This is a good scanner, and a third-party company makes special anti-Newton glass that will really keep the 35mm film strips flat. I'm very pleased with mine; I'd buy this one if I didn't already have one! Here's a 6X6 scan made on the 3200:
    I'm only selling this one because I have two, and there seems to be no need for a backup. These Epsons just keep going and going. This one was my backup and was hardly ever used except once when I had a lot of 4x5 negatives to do as a rush job.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Karl, do you have an idea on shipping cost to 91767 (SoCal)? Thanks, Bruce

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PM sent on this one.

Who is the maker of this special anti-Newton ring glass? Where would I find it?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    http://www.betterscanning.com/scanning/insert35.html

I can testify that it helps, especially if you're dealing with curled film. There's some interesting stuff on this website.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www.betterscanning.com/scanning/insert35.html

I can testify that it helps, especially if you're dealing with curled film. There's some interesting stuff on this website.
    Thanks!

I wasn't aware of this scanner but it seems it would do fine for web and emailing purposes. I really want a 700 or 750 and will get one but that's down the road. In the meantime this looks far better than no scanner that will do film. There's others on the 'bay if this one doesn't work out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just did some checking on this - I thought it was new enough to have 64 bit drivers but all I can find is a color management profile for 64 bit. I'm running 64 bit Windows 7. Anyone know if this will work, maybe with Vuescan?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sold

Shooter
    Pinhole
    I can attest that this is a superb scanner. I've had one for 7 or 8 years, lightly used but wonderful. In my view the only shortcoming of this unit compared to the 700/750 is the 3.0 density maximum. The 700/750 units are 4.0, a big improvement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin