Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,468   Posts: 1,570,832   Online: 1065

Shooter
    ULarge Format

FS: 610mm f/9 APO-Nikkor

Since the weatherman says I'm doomed by the approaching hurricane, I thought I'd bequeath someone my 610mm f/9 APO-Nikkor.

It has the reputation of being blindingly sharp with monsterous coverage, but I never got around to using it - found a 24" Artar in shutter to use instead.

The lens is in a barrel, and has an unusual aperture arrangement: the aperture ring and the mounting flange are one and the same. You change the aperture by rotating the barrel in the mounting flange. The aperture changes very smoothly, and there is one of those mid-barrel filter slots present. It comes with the hinged metal flap on the front. You can use that as a lenscap/shutter, or you can remove it. It unscrews easily.

The lens is in excellent condition, with miniscule cleaning marks and just a bit of internal dust.

Domestic shipping will be by USPS Medium Flat Rate Box = $10.95. Overseas buyers will have to ask for a quote.

A quick search here and on eBay shows these things going for around $170. I'll price it at $150, since nobody seems to have any money these days and you'll have to act quick before I'm swept away........or my Internet connection goes down

Paypal's OK.

Charley
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 610mm-APO-Nikkor.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    PM sent

Shooter
    Large Format
    The aperture ring of an APO Nikkor is not a mounting flange, even though it resembles a flange.

The threaded holes in the aperture ring of an APO Nikkor process lens are intended to mount a long lever extension with an indicator line that sweeps across a large auxiliary aperture scale several inches beyond the outside of the lens when mounted on a process camera.

If you use the tapped holes in the APO Nikkor to mount the lens, the entire lens rotates relative to the stationary aperture ring. It also means that the weight of the lens rests entirely on the threads between the ring and the lens barrel. This isnít the way Nikon intended.

The lens has mounting thread to the rear. Itís 72mm x 1.0mm on the 305/9 APO Nikkor. I donít know the thread size for the 610/9. The lens needs a flange to mount it properly.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Ian:

Many thanks for the education. The holes in the ring looked a bit small for the task I envisioned.

The lens has been sold, paid for, and shipped......but is returnable for any reason, of course

Charley

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin