Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,887   Posts: 1,520,687   Online: 1103

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

210mm f5.6 Caltar II-S Shcneider Kreuznach Symmar-S Multi-Coated

These late '70's early '80's Symmar - S multicoated lenses are phenomenal performers.

I have 2 of these to sell. A 210, and a 180. Watch my other sales. Your pick for $225

That's just sad that a lens that can resolve 68 line pairs in a millimeter can only get $225 bucks. Sheesh. What is the world coming to!!

This one is in fine used shape. Shutter is functioning perfectly. Basically, it's flawless. A very very nice and also a very forgiving lens for anyone starting out! You would have to spend $2500 more bucks to resolve any finer than this lens!

The late '70's Early 80's Caltar II-S was a Schneider Symmar-S multicoated lens, the full equivalent of the ones that had Schneider's name on them.

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]$225 + shipping[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

A word about so-called Schneider-itis

A word about so-called "Schneider-itis". You will note I've said this lens is basically flawless. But you can see that it has the bright spots in the black paint on the edge of the glasses. Somewhere in my archives I have a letter from Schneider America. That letter states that Schneider did not consider this phenomenon a warranty-able problem. They state that it does not affect lens performance in any way, and they did not warranty against it. That settled it for me. Folks love to hate it, but it doesn't make a dimes worth of difference in the photographs that this lens is capable of creating.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

Shooter
    35mm
    PM Sent

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    SOLD!

Thanks All!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin