Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,827   Posts: 1,582,080   Online: 912

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Rodenstock Imagon 200mm for Mamiya RB/RZ67

I've got a 200mm Imagon that's mounted in a RB67 shutter that I need to sell. It's quite an interesting lens, but to be honest I have never seriously used it since I bought it. For those of you who aren't familiar with the Imagon, you can read about it here: http://harrysproshop.com/Imagon/imagon.html

All included is the 200mm Imagon lens, the adapter to fit it to an RB67 shutter, the 180mm Mamiya-Sekor glass that was originally fitted in the shutter, a tool with which to swap the lenses, all 3 of the pasta strainer-esque aperture disks, the lens-hood which stacks on top of the pasta strainers, the Rodenstock ND filter (I, unfortunately, do not have the rodenstock yellow filter which I believe completes the whole imagon kit), a fancy custom hand-made adapter to fit 77mm filters, and most importantly, a push-on lens cap, all inside a very beat up Rodenstock Imagon box.

The shutter is accurate as far as my ears and eyes can tell. All of the mechanisms feel very smooth, and the barrel is in rather nice condition for its age. The glass in the Imagon is pretty clean. A bit of dust is the only issue. The Mamiya-Sekor glass is just a bit more beat up, but I've used it and noticed no outstanding aberrations beyond what any other lens of the same type produces.

At the moment I do not have a digital camera on me, but I'll be posting pictures at some point in the near future.

As for the price, I am hoping to get in the area of $225. I'm not exactly sure how to price it, though, as I haven't seen this particular lens listed on ebay or keh in a while. The lens hoarders of ebay seem to want upwards of $600 for this lens in a copal 3 shutter, and some a little less for an older shutter, but I feel that may be a bit overpriced. In short I'll be open to offers to some extent.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This is still available. Here is a picture of everything. If you'd like to see more detailed pictures, let me know; I know this picture is rather bad, but the only digital camera I have is one of the first kodak point-and-shoot digital cameras.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DCP_0075.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting. Have any pictures taken with the lens, serious or not?
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I know I have taken a few, but I'd have to search through some old negatives to find them. Most were probably portraits. I know a few of them came out terrible (or beautiful, perhaps, if you prefer) because I accidentally used the aperture in the shutter and the aperture disk, which causes the pattern on the disk to appear over the picture. If I do find them, I will attempt to scan them, but my scanner is on par with my digital camera as far as usability for photos go.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello all,
    I know I am joining this thread very late but I hope someone here can answer my question.
    I've been trying to unscrew the mamiya 180mm 4.5 c lens out of its shutter, to use different lenses on my mamiya rb67 camera, but only the outer part will come loose.
    With outer part I mean the black shell housing the lens, including the front ring containing the lens information(brand, aperture, focal length, serial number). However, since the lens itself is still mounted into the shutter I'm not able to remove this shell because the lens is in the way. So at this point the outer shell just dangles loosely around the lens and there is no way for me to actually reach the lens itself to unscrew it.
    thisismyname09, you spoke about a special tool to remove the lens out of its shutter, what does this tool look like and how does it work?
    Is there anyway to unscrew the lens without this tool?
    There are some sources on the web that speak about the possibilty of using the 200mm imagon in the mamiya 180mm shutter, but nowhere it is discussed how to actually swap lenses.
    I've tried contacting Mamiya Nederland (I am from the Netherlands) but even they couldn't give me the answer.
    I hope someone here has the answer to my question.
    Best regards,
    Abel

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin