Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,498   Online: 863

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

FS Yashica 124g - fresh CLA by KEH Repair

A bit of explanation:
    A while back, I was in the market for a Yashica Mat 124. I ended up bidding on a 124g that the original owner was selling on the auction site. He assured me the camera was working properly, but he had zero feedback, so not many bidders. As a result, I won the auction for a relatively low price. When I received the camera, the only flaw I could find (other than some minor paint wear/chips on the back) was that the film door release was difficult to operate.

I decided to send this camera in for an overhaul/CLA. I just received it back from KEH Repair today. They completed the overhaul and reported no problems. The film door latch is now operating well.

Right after bidding on this camera, I purchased a 124g from Mark Hama which he had freshly overhauled. I will be keeping this one.

I am now offering the one I received back from KEH for sale. It includes the camera and a narrow (uncomfortable) neck strap. Not sure if this was the original. There is no case and no lens caps. Both lenses appear to be in very good shape, no fungus or blemishes that I can see. The 124g has the highly regarded Yashinon 80mm lens. KEH has a 6 month Repair Guarantee. I will keep the original invoice from the Repair, and will send a copy with the camera. (in case I need to be the person returning it if warranty work is needed). I will try to post some photos later this evening.

I would like to get my investment out of this, plus a bit extra for taking the chance.

Say $250.00 + shipping. USA

Also, not really trying to sell, but might be talked out of:

Yashica A - decent shape, missing decorative cap on focus knob. Includes case. Appears to be fully functioning. No recent CLA. - Make offer and I'll consider.
    Yashica D - real nice shape. CLA by Dean's Photographica in July 2010. Works real well, as Dean said, "A nice shooter" I don't have a receipt for the CLA, never got one, but it is documented in the thread below. Yashikor 80mm lens (very slightly less desirable than the Yashinon lens that was on some of the D models but still amazingly good) - Make offer and I'll consider.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum51/7...-question.html

Shooter
    35mm
    Just a bump here. No interest? I'll leave it here for a few more days before withdrawing. Make a reasonable offer if you think this is too high. I don't but you may convince me.

Had a nibble on the A and D, no sale yet.

Shooter
    35mm
    Adding a few pics. I will also added some of the "A" and "D" in the next post, since I had a request for them.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Front - right.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	342.3 KB 
ID:	41767Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Front - left.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	369.4 KB 
ID:	41768Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Open - Copy.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	469.9 KB 
ID:	41769Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rear.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	394.6 KB 
ID:	41770

Shooter
    35mm
    Here are the Yashica D photos:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Front - right.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	442.7 KB 
ID:	41774Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Front.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	490.6 KB 
ID:	41775Click image for larger version. 

Views:	48 
Size:	348.4 KB 
ID:	41776

Shooter
    35mm
    And finally, the Yashica A photos (more of these since I had a request):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Case - open.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	293.9 KB 
ID:	41778Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Case - rear.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	396.7 KB 
ID:	41779Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Case - right.JPG 
Size:	426.0 KB 
ID:	41780Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Case.JPG 
Size:	414.6 KB 
ID:	41781Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Front.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	450.2 KB 
ID:	41782Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Left.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	338.1 KB 
ID:	41783Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Open.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	438.7 KB 
ID:	41784Click image for larger version. 

Views:	31 
Size:	358.1 KB 
ID:	41785Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Right - note missing focus knob cover.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	406.0 KB 
ID:	41786
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Case - left.JPG  
    Last edited by LyleB; 11-18-2011 at 10:33 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What kind of focusing screen does the Yashica 124G have? Matte or split-screen?

Shooter
    35mm
    It has the standard ground glass with pop-up magnifier. No split screen. I didn't know these even had split screens available.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All the Yashica TLR's I've ever had are simple matte screen focus with magnifier. I've always been partial to the D models, most versitile and least mechanical things to malfunction. I don't know what you want for your D, but your 124G looks reasonable. I'm just not in the market for them right now.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My Wife bought me a124 for our wedding anniversary and as I liked it so much she got me a G version as she said she got them for about a quarter of what she had seen them g for (charity shops) I highly recommend these cameras, they have become just about my favourite users at the moment. So if you are fence sitting and wondering should I? the answer is go for it they are great.

Shooter
    35mm
    Bump - still available.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin