Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,701   Posts: 1,548,419   Online: 1039

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is my pricing really that far off?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hmmm...a new Rapidwinder for an M2 lists at $730; assuming the winder is like new, then you're asking about $560 for the body, which is a great price for an M2. But ... there's no baseplate for the M2 if the purchaser doesn't want to use the winder all the time, and even though you say you haven't used the winder in 10 years, you still can't expect to get full list price for the winder. So all in all the package is an expected price, not a great price, i.e., not low enough to tempt someone to spend over $1200 at Christmas time, when other expenses mount up. I bet if you put it up for sale in the Spring at $1150 it would go quickly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Trask; I appreciate your candid reply. My reasoning was $700 for the body and $600 for the Rapidwinder. M2 prices have been all over the place and $700 seemed dead center for a very smooth-running camera. But I think an even better idea would be to find the baseplate (which I do have somewhere), then sell them separately. Oh well, no rush. Come springtime I may have found a reason to keep it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ahem....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Having an M2 winder on a camera body does not mean that one must use the winder. It can just sit there while one uses the normal film advance lever. I have found that a Leicavit type winder can actually add a little extra gripping space to a Leica body and make it easier to hold. It also looks really good.
    I have no financial interest in this sale - just saying.
    FWIW.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Still available.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wish I could take it off your hands...but unless you have a Layaway plan, my hands are tied.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Relisted here.
    My Verito page

Anyone can appreciate a fine print. But it takes a real photographer to appreciate a fine negative.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    this is not a bad price, and i already have an m2 with abrahamson winder on it -- terrific combo.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks! The re-listed price is even better.
    My Verito page

Anyone can appreciate a fine print. But it takes a real photographer to appreciate a fine negative.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin