Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,854   Posts: 1,582,927   Online: 992

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Lenses Pedestrian & Sublime; A Huge 17X20 Gundlach

Christmas is over, and I need to re-capitalize the Model A project. I have several lenses I've harvested from the Lens Bunker for that purpose.

This is a Gundlach Instantaneous Symmetrical 17X20 lens. Or for the Brits, 20X17!! The Gundlach Instantaneous Symmetrical is a convertible, so that means the rear alone is about 50" focus and covers a small city block. Combined it is 26" f8.

It isn't physically unmanageable since it works at f8. It only measures a little over 4 inches across. It's some kind of an Aplanat, since I can see cement on the far edges up front.

The aperture is smooth, and the glass is lovely. As you go up in size from 8X10, each next size is about +10 times rarer than the preceeding one. ie. 10,000 8X10 lenses 1,000 1oX12 lenses, 100 11X14 lenses, 10 14X17 lenses : 1 17X20. My numbers are conservative. Don't ask for sources............this is the internet!

$615.00 for this.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    excuse me, this lens still for sale? thank you.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sorry, no. It's long gone. Jim
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wonder why the mods don't close the thread if it's sold?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Old-N-Feeble View Post
    I wonder why the mods don't close the thread if it's sold?
    I doubt they could keep track unless the OP notified them.
    There's a tool that the OP can use to close an ad, it's at the top of the ad that they, as the poster can see.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin