Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,661   Posts: 1,481,602   Online: 937

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

FYI- APUG Upgrades tonight around 10:30pm EDT

Hi All,

We've been wrestling with some performance issues. In order to rule out any system file corruption I will upgrade us from 4.1.7 to 4.1.11 That in itself has over 600 bug fixes and performance enhancements in the core software. The APUG theme coding is in need of updating as well which is a big job. You may notice some odd appearance to APUG while this is worked on.

Ultimately I think APUG has reached a point where more focus needs to be placed on performance and stability. One problem with custom themes is that old codes often persist after upgrades. I may try to move us closer to the standard vBulletin theme to always ensure we are running the latest codes. It may not be as "pretty" but it will make for a much faster site. This will also allow for simplified updating.

Stay tuned and thanks!
    Sean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Good stuff!
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Upgrade done, still cleaning up and making adjustments..

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin