Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,557   Posts: 1,573,267   Online: 1006

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    We seems to be having performance problems again, investigating now. Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    We seems to be having performance problems again today, investigating now. Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It seems fine right now, but half an hour ago it was s l o w.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    yeah, I think we're narrowing it down to a db table that gets out of whack.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    8.04am AEST Tuesday: pages are running a little slow on call-up; this seems variable, some pages are fast, others are not.
    Yesterday the site was blazing along with consummate swiftness, today hasn't been all that enchanting. My major gripe though is with the redesign of the posts page on entry. What can be added to a chorus that generally does not like the new look??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    definitely having issues again today, working on a solution as fast as possible. Looks like I have tracked it down to a single database table vb.searchcore I am going to attempt to purge and rebuild the search index. Stay tuned...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    8.04am AEST Tuesday: pages are running a little slow on call-up; this seems variable, some pages are fast, others are not.
    Yesterday the site was blazing along with consummate swiftness, today hasn't been all that enchanting. My major gripe though is with the redesign of the posts page on entry. What can be added to a chorus that generally does not like the new look??
    Do you mean the look of this page?

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum13/

If not send me a link so I can have a look. We did have the subforums organized better but that plugin broke with the update. It should be updated by the developer soon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    ok, so... Found the problem. It looks like our system is struggling to cope with our 1+ million posts when it comes to the search index. This database table vb.searchcore seems to be getting out of whack every day or two then the site performance is abysmal. I optimize the table and we're back to normal. After some discussion with other board owners the best solution is to run a 3rd party search index application on the server and bypass this part of vBulletin. This removes the wonky vb.searchcore table from the equation where search then runs in it's own dedicated environment. Luckily there is a comprehensive plugin for this. All that is needed now is for the host to install the search app, I install the plugin and we should be good to go. Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin