Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,750   Posts: 1,515,780   Online: 990

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

fyi -APUG now running new dedicated search application.

Hi All,

Our performance issues of late (as far as I could trace) were related to our vBulletin search & search indexing not coping with our large volume of posts. I now have us running on a dedicated search & indexing application. This system is highly efficient, used by most if not all vBulletin "big board" owners. It removes vBulletin software from struggling to manage our data search & indexing. It was quite the nightmare to implement but we'll be far better for it. If you encounter search errors or issues please post here.

Thanks!
    Sean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for all your efforts Sean.

Any chance the new application allows for further customization of the "Search for New Posts" function.

In particular, something that would allow me to mark multiple threads or entire forums as ones to be ignored by that function only.

EDIT: By the way, the APUG advanced search function itself seems to be working well!
    Last edited by MattKing; 04-17-2012 at 01:08 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Clicking on "My Threads" on the menu bar gives the following error:

index thread1,thread2,thread3,thread4,threaddelta: no such filter attribute 'groupparentid'

Thanks for all your hard work,
    Andrew

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks Andrew, a workaround for this should be up soon. I'm just verifying with the developer I have the right code.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Thanks for all your efforts Sean.

Any chance the new application allows for further customization of the "Search for New Posts" function.

In particular, something that would allow me to mark multiple threads or entire forums as ones to be ignored by that function only.

EDIT: By the way, the APUG advanced search function itself seems to be working well!
    Search has been replaced, and might be more accurate, faster etc but what you need is more custom. Once the dust settles from the recent issues and updates I'll re-investigate.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin