Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,822   Posts: 1,581,924   Online: 995

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks, just glad it's running well again. Things should improve over the next few days even more. I have some server config files in the hands of vBulletin techs. They are going to help me optimize the server config specifically for the forum software. I also have some additional caching to be installed soon which should further speed up page loads

Shooter
    Medium Format
    As someone who has only just switched from a dial up connection, any page that loads within ten minutes is a winner for me Most web sites, I used to sit and play solitaire while waiting for something to show up. I watched my very first YouTube video online (not downloaded to my hard drive over a two hour period) only three weeks ago.

That admission out there, APUG has always been one of the very few sites that I've enjoyed visiting because page load times are quick (oh that, and the amazingly generous, knowledgeable people who frequent the forum and share their inspiring work!). I lurked for a good year or two before actually signing up and the few hours here and there over the last couple of days where there have been some glitches... well, that's a pretty phenomenal track record, to have it running so smoothly for every other minute of the day for ten years!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This morning, I am seeing some slowness to "recent post" rendering. The home page will load and the left panel loads in about 20 seconds. Then the right 5 seconds later.

The delay is not the extent of the past but this is new since your last update, so I thought I'd report it to you.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OMG! OMG!

The deleted thread is delete!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The gallery is a bit slow at the moment, when I click on the thumbnails to show photos. The forums works fine, loading instantly.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerevan View Post
    The gallery is a bit slow at the moment, when I click on the thumbnails to show photos. The forums works fine, loading instantly.
    I've found some memory errors this morning to do with some of the server caching. I'm working on getting that resolved then things should speed up in the gallery after that.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thank ye!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerevan View Post
    Is the gallery better for you now?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The gallery is working good for me, there's the briefest of pauses before images load, but it's not bad at all here.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Is the gallery better for you now?
    Yep, works a bit better now.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin