Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,204   Posts: 1,531,656   Online: 1142

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    hmm seems to be getting sluggish again..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think the root cause is the A. vs. D. threads. It didn't really start going to hell in a handbasket until the latest one.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post

Siriusly, the problem will not be the long threads, but database coding problems. I have dealt with these type of software problems for many decades. It is in the database software and not the records.

Steve
    True dat. Way back in the dark ages when I set up and ran small business databases on CP/M, with db's spread over numerous hard disks or a multitude of floppies, the software was always the problem. Except once when it was the hardware (bad motherboard) that corrupted records as they were entered. Discs did fail, but tape backups always kept things going. The longest records here are proportionally tiny compared to what churned through my 2.5 (later 4) Mhz 64K RAM machines.
    Last edited by lxdude; 04-27-2012 at 05:37 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin