Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,966   Posts: 1,523,350   Online: 1144

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

fyi- Some APUG functionality disabled due to bad code and performance issues.

Hi All,

Unfortunately some APUG custom 3rd party plugins have proven to be extreme problems for the server's performance. These plugins will need to be investigated and likely re-coded. I'll try to have this done as soon as possible.

Plugins that have been temporarily disabled due to issues:

sidebar: latest posts,
    sidebar: latest gallery image,
    Selective Forum Filter (which lets you hide some forums from view),
    random image block on gallery home page,

At this moment the site seems to be really flying. This was the result of some extensive examination into the database activity and removing anything causing huge performance hits. Also, sever key server parameters have been adjusted.

Hopefully the current performance will continue. Thanks for your patience while sorting this out, no fun for all involved.

Sean

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Last hour has been great! Was in gallery and it was fast, general forum is fast, sent a PM and it worked. All seems good. Thanks for all your efforts triaging, quarantining and such.
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    This might be the fastest we've been in a long time. Latency was 500-600ms average for the last several days or worse, have now gotten things down to 150-200ms and most things snapping into place. There is still one rogue database query related to the gallery that has me pulling my hair out. This one query causes a scan of 38,000 db records every time and it happens a lot. I have sent the output to the gallery software tech to see if we can squash this. I have newrelic monitoring installed now and a screen in my office with a live view of the newrelic monitoring graphs. This is great as with one glance I can tell all is running good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    This might be the fastest we've been in a long time. Latency was 500-600ms average for the last several days or worse, have now gotten things down to 150-200ms and most things snapping into place. There is still one rogue database query related to the gallery that has me pulling my hair out. This one query causes a scan of 38,000 db records every time and it happens a lot. I have sent the output to the gallery software tech to see if we can squash this. I have newrelic monitoring installed now and a screen in my office with a live view of the newrelic monitoring graphs. This is great as with one glance I can tell all is running good.
    Sean:

Do you ever wish you had some time for the darkroom?

Can you think of anything we can do to help?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Sean:

Do you ever wish you had some time for the darkroom?

Can you think of anything we can do to help?
    Thanks Matt. Well, things have just been crazy lately. Moving Islands, trying to get settled down here with the family. I was just starting to get caught up with the backlog from the move/house purchase/renovations then got hit with these server issues. I'm hoping the dust settles quite a bit over the next few weeks. I guess if anyone knows a billionaire film shooter that wants to take a stake in APUG and hire 3 staff for us feel free to give them my email :P

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Here is my new real time monitoring setup so I can keep a much closer eye on things. I just leave this running all day now. New Relic monitoring is pretty cool, I need to work on some of the alerts so it will just page me out when things go wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    sorry guys, things slowing down again so disabled the gallery to rule that out. I think this server is just not agreeing with us. I've never had issues like this in nearly 10 years. Worst case we'll migrate back to a dedicated server in the next few days.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi All,

Plugins that have been temporarily disabled due to issues:

Selective Forum Filter (which lets you hide some forums from view),

Thanks for your patience while sorting this out, no fun for all involved.

Sean
    Sean:

Just thought I would post to say thanks for the chance to see the new posts appearing from the Dutch Threads.

I cannot understand them at all, but they look interesting
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The groups listing still comes up empty for me. Very annoying!
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Matt. Well, things have just been crazy lately. Moving Islands, trying to get settled down here with the family. I was just starting to get caught up with the backlog from the move/house purchase/renovations then got hit with these server issues. I'm hoping the dust settles quite a bit over the next few weeks. I guess if anyone knows a billionaire film shooter that wants to take a stake in APUG and hire 3 staff for us feel free to give them my email :P
    Would that I had some spare $$$ I'd come down and help get the remods on the house buttoned up. I'm a retired contractor. At the very least, I will add some extra funds when renewal time arrives(soon). All you other folks out there need to help out as well. All you freeloading "members" need to pony up for a scrip!
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin