Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,075   Online: 1011

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Done

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Did it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I did it a few days ago- when does my check arrive?
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose View Post
    You must be only one of possible three people who use Opera browser in the entire world.
    2.44% actually to be exact

Well, at least those are the website statistics of my personal website of the past month. I have IE, Firefox and Safari installed as well. I uninstalled Chrome, as I really start to dislike Google policies lately, like forced pushed update installations without user consent, stealing and tracking all browsing activity by default if users don't disable it, etc.

Safari is a resource hog and slow. Firefox used to be, and to a large extent is still favourite, but I like Opera's lean and clean look as well, and seems at the moment the browser with the lowest footprint, both in terms of installation and processor power. It is fast. There are just a few glitches here and there with display of some websites. Don't know if these are disfunctionalities in Opera itself, or other browsers are simply more tolerant of bad (non conforming to standards) webpage design.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    okiedokie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Done it.

DIY 4x5 | DIY 6x17 | DIY 6x24 anarmorphic pinhole | Pentax' SV & SP 1000 | Rolleiflex | Kalloflex | Weltix | Royal 35-M | Leica M4-2 | Polaroid 250 | Polaroid 110A / 600SE conversion | DIY Polaroid View | DUO Polaroid TLR | Vito CL | Pentacon SIX | Kiev 6C | Canon EF | Mamiya 1000s

My Blogspot
    My Flickr
    My APUG Gallery

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    done it

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Done!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I did it. My first instinct was actually to think that THEIR tribe would not accept ME, seeing me as an analogue interloper of sorts. I once had a conversation with a digital person where he was describing issues of setting white balance in different lighting situations. I told him to try leaving his fancy computer settings alone and using a glass filter. Boom, done. He admitted it was dead simple, but last I checked he puzzled out the digital way instead.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin