Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,516   Posts: 1,543,739   Online: 878

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

APUG Possible Server Move (problems seem to be returning)

Hi All,

We were good for a day or so but performance issues seem to be returning. I am no longer able to trust this current host. I am going to order a dedicated server at another host and work to get us on that as soon as possible. If anything it will rule out a server issue. It's going to be painful but I'll see if I can get this done in a way to reduce any down time.

Thanks,
    Sean

****UPDATE****

Getting closer. The new server is up and running but we are not migrated just yet. I am working with vBulletin support to ensure we have optimal settings and applications on the server. I'll keep you posted.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sean;

This is not free. I would like to appeal to all APUG members and subscribers to up their donations to APUG ORG. Please guys. Don't sit back and let this go by. Sean could use all the help we can give.

Ron

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Good call Ron,

I just sent a tiny bit via paypal as a gift (legitimately!) and in $AU, because that's an even better exchange rate!!

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Heartily agree.

I've always overpaid my subscriptions figuring it would help Sean cover the service - and himself - for those subscribers who may have found themselves in a position to only pay the minimum. We can all see the problems the system is going through right now. If Sean says the word, I'm willing to donate additional funds to help cover this unexpected emergency. I would hope others feel the same way.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks guys, this has really been my worst nightmare lately. I have just made contact with a vBulletin expert who makes a living by servicing big board systems. His resume is extensive and he is well skilled in server issues, optimization, builds etc. The plan is to hire him to examine the current situation, then we'll take it from there and do whatever is required. I'll keep you posted of course.

Sean

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Outstanding post PE! I was thinking of starting a "Give Sean a Pat on the Back" gift fund myself (for all those paid up subscribers). If your not a subscriber, consider how much enjoyment this site yields and become a sub (see up top 'Support Us!')!

Just sent a PayPal gift to him for being such a great leader. Recovering this site in less than three hours on Monday was amazing, his dedication and communication are stellar.

Sean -Hope you can some day get out and use that new G2!
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm in.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Although I'm writing this post using Tapatalk, you may want to see if performance improves by disabling it. Seems to have affected another forum I'm on.
    -----------------------

Segedi.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks so much guys, you really are the best.

segedi you said:

Although I'm writing this post using Tapatalk, you may want to see if performance improves by disabling it. Seems to have affected another forum I'm on.
    Sounds worth a try. I'll disable it for a bit and see..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi all, new server is ordered. Should be ready in a day or two. Recent donations have certainly helped in this regards. Thanks so much. I'll keep everyone posted.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin