Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,669   Posts: 1,481,753   Online: 928

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

APUG is now on the new server, please post feedback and bug reports here.

Hi All,

The server move went well as far as I can see. As usual though I can't find all issues after a migration so if you have any feedback or encounter any problems feel free to post here. I am hopeful this move resolves our performance issue but only the next few days will determine this. Also keep in mind the server has not been optimized yet, this will take place over the next few days by a vBulletin consultant.

Thanks for your patience during these issues as well as all the donations that made this possible. I'll be posting a proper list of those who donated soon.

Sean

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Congrats! The site is lightining fast for me on my phone too!
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Good to hear Andy, let's hope it stays this way. The server is extremely fast for me and the consultant has not even optimized it yet. I'm watching it like a hawk and so far so good. The loads are 0.18 on the cpu which is practically nothing.

My only concern with the new server is we have 1 primary disk. This disk is an enterprise level SSD (probably why you notice a nice speed boost). These disks are extremely reliable, but it is still a single point of failure. It just wasn't cost effective to go with a mirrored array (massive expense). However, I have a second standard disk on the server for backups. I plan to take database and site backups every 12hrs. I also plan to take off-site backups every 12hrs. So worst case scenario, if we were to lose our primary disk the data loss should be no more than 12hrs max.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I am not sure if this is some kind of ISP latency but I can't see new Apug via wifi (AT&T Uverse) in my iPhone but when I check on my iPhone via data network (4G) I see new Apug. I cleared my phone's history/browser data/cahch and logged out/in, below difference of home page, this just my Wifi ISP not feeding new IP or something akin?

Home Wifi:

Cell data network (4G):
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i just need to re-enable the mobile site, stand by

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    In in wifi, goodness is it fast!
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Andy, are you using the APUG mobile skin on your device? It seems my phone provider DNS has not updated yet so I see the old site. Are you on the new site via mobile? Thanks

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I never use mobile skin, when it popped up I hit full site, but I just reset all cookies/cache, rebooted phone, then tried to login using home ISP wifi on mobile skin and it failed:

Does the propagation of the new IP take some time for some?

Interestingly, when insaw the above screen, then hit full site login, then tried to login, it gave me the old note above too. I am here now via cell 4G network iPhone 4S iOS 5, but I was in on wifi maybe 10 mins ago....odd? Propagation of new IP latency or something like that?
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Andy, it looks like we're having some DNS weirdness. I've set the DNS back to using the hosts DNS. It might take a while to update for some.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    This is probably not directly related to the migration, but I was looking for the member list the other day and couldn't locate it (Google can find individual members though). Should I look harder? I thought it was just a tab under 'forum'. Sorry if I'm just being dozy here .

Sander

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin