Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,143   Online: 890

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Maybe the rights for those in the council are not like subscribers and mods...

For sure a Sean question at this point as that is the only overt difference from Michel and Brad
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What the heck is a 'council'?

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
    It would be nice if certain prolific sellers, I can think of one in particular, would donate a small percentage to APUG.

The amount of resources, both human and financial, that are required to keep this site running are larger than you may imagine.
    +1

and no buyer pays paypal fees ...
    it is against paypal policy to force a buyer
    to pay for the fees that allow a seller to user the service.

if they don't want to use the service, then use a different way to collect $$ ...

and no buyer asks sellers to lie on customs forms.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh B View Post
    What the heck is a 'council'?

- Leigh
    The council is made up of people who have been around here for a while and understand the community. They represent us...in decisions regarding...well, ettiquette, censure, etc....they help the moderators moderate (without actually having the power to moderate). In a sense, the council can be thought of as adding moderation to the moderators.

The creation of the council recognizes the difficulty of moderating such a large and diverse community.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    +1

and no buyer pays paypal fees ...
    it is against paypal policy to force a buyer
    to pay for the fees that allow a seller to user the service.

if they don't want to use the service, then use a different way to collect $$ ...

and no buyer asks sellers to lie on customs forms.
    ++1 !!!!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Those are both mentioned in a generic way in the last sentence of the newly stated rules as activities that APUG does not endorse.
    Last edited by David A. Goldfarb; 07-12-2012 at 06:09 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Or pay as gift.... when you do that, buyer gets no protection from using paypal.

I agree though, the rule kind of needs to stay general. Otherwise, it'll be 5 page long with sentences that span across 8 lines.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    "Pay as a gift" strikes me as a self-regulating thing, exactly in that people need to understand that they forfeit PayPal protections when they do that.

Ideally, the rules shouldn't refer to specific external services, because those are a moving target. PayPal can change its rules, or some other system can become more popular, or some subset of APUG collectors may work with Westlicht Auctions, or who knows what, and we don't want to have to do someone else's police work or to adjust our rules every time someone else's rules change.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michel Hardy-Vallée View Post
    Call me stupid, but I don't see any yellow banner. Screenshot attached.
    How about now?

And many thanks to David for getting this updated. We do need a few more tools in the classifieds but at the moment the site is under a change freeze until I get a good development environment built. These plugins and modifications can have major issues and after the last big outage I plan to tread carefully.

Sean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    How about now?

And many thanks to David for getting this updated. We do need a few more tools in the classifieds but at the moment the site is under a change freeze until I get a good development environment built. These plugins and modifications can have major issues and after the last big outage I plan to tread carefully.

Sean
    Now I do! Thanks Sean. See screenshot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture d’écran 2012-07-13 à 11.47.58.png  
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin