Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,519   Posts: 1,543,770   Online: 880

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    is sending people to a craigslist or ebay or other venue by
    making a classifieds ad and posting a link to the other place still
    not allowed or have rules changed to allow that sort of thing ?

are the rules/classifieds policies clearly spelled on a policy page?
    i've looked but can't seem to find them ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    is sending people to a craigslist or ebay or other venue by making a classifieds ad and posting a link to the other place still not allowed or have rules changed to allow that sort of thing ?...
    The rules quoted in the first post in this thread clearly state:

"Please refrain from posting any ads linking back to Ebay auctions or any other system outside of the APUG classifieds."

(Emphasis mine)

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i thought i would ask because sometimes people do just that
    and don't realize they can't

thanks leigh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah. That happens all too often, unfortunately.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh B View Post
    The rules quoted in the first post in this thread clearly state:

"Please refrain from posting any ads linking back to Ebay auctions or any other system outside of the APUG classifieds."

(Emphasis mine)

- Leigh
    But those rules also say:

"At the same time, we realize that sellers want to be able to sell their items in a reasonable time frame, so if after a reasonable interval (typically about a week), an item hasn't gotten a fair offer and the seller wishes to move the item to auction, it is permitted to link to the auction as a comment to the existing ad. Auction links or references in the first post of a new thread are not permitted, and such threads will be removed."
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    But that's not what jnanian asked.

- Leigh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh B View Post
    But that's not what jnanian asked.

- Leigh
    Probably not.

But he didn't actually say that he was talking about including the link immediately (at the beginning of the thread), so I thought that the clarification couldn't hurt.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    hey matt, thanks for the post ..
    it doesn't hurt at all

i guess the rules for the classifieds don't appear when one hits the for sale area
    so people don't know they are doing things they shouldn't do ...

like ...

the folks who post a classified ad to something they don't own, and they aren't selling &c
    its a " i saw on ebay/newspaper classified/craigslist somewhere else" post
    with a link off site..

it is a great public service seeing some things like cameras, parts, lenses, bric a brac aren't easily found.
    but because they don't know any better it gets posted in the classifieds

if they did own the item, and had it in the apug classifieds for a while and it didn't sell
    and posted a link to the auction or craigslist thing, that would be different
    john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    But he didn't actually say that he was talking about including the link immediately...
    I thought his statement: "...making a classifieds ad and posting a link..." implied simultaneity.

If those were two distinct events, separated by some period of time, then my response was incorrect.

- Leigh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Some items are slow movers because there is not much demand for them. It took months before someone needed my fresh 3 1/4" x 4 1/4" film. When they finally decided that they needed it, they could not get it fast enough.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin