Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,593   Online: 1112

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congrats to you, Sean, and to all of APUG. I am proud to be with all of you for 8 of the 10 years!

Shooter
    Large Format
    I can't believe how long ago 2002 was these days. I had never touched a computer in my life then, and it had already been a year since 9/11 and Dale Earnhardt being killed. Now I am an Adobe expert, and a computer whizboy if I have to be. Congrats.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Prest_400 View Post
    And today APUG has surpassed 60.000 members. I remember looking earlier today and it was short of that number.
    65,000 now.... And I thought @ the beginning how is a site from NZ going to make its name in NA.? As usual I was WRONG. Not the first or last time. Always checked back because of from the quote from AA (my GOD) Congrats Sean & APUG.
    Last edited by dances_w_clouds; 09-10-2013 at 12:08 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Since coming here, I've looked on a map of New Zealand, the base of this site. A country no bigger than the outer banks of NC, with 2 cities probably no bigger than Charlotte NC--Christchurch and Auckland, I believe. Yet they seem to have a well-enlightened and orderly culture. I've tried to imagine what they don't have there in the way of decadence or extravagance, due to the isolation and lesser population of the US. It is probably a very good place to live in the quality-of-life category. I would think that crime and urban problems are non-existent. Probably a totally different life than the US in ways we cannot conceive. There's certainly no sleigh-bells at Christmas there, and their water goes down the drain backwards from here. But somebody there has managed to put together a pretty fair photographic learning site.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congratulations!
    Looking forward to the years to come.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well done Sean. From little acorns... you've certainly created a truly worthwhile repository of analogue photography.

thNk you.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    Since coming here, I've looked on a map of New Zealand, the base of this site. A country no bigger than the outer banks of NC, with 2 cities probably no bigger than Charlotte NC--Christchurch and Auckland, I believe. Yet they seem to have a well-enlightened and orderly culture. I've tried to imagine what they don't have there in the way of decadence or extravagance, due to the isolation and lesser population of the US. It is probably a very good place to live in the quality-of-life category. I would think that crime and urban problems are non-existent. Probably a totally different life than the US in ways we cannot conceive. There's certainly no sleigh-bells at Christmas there, and their water goes down the drain backwards from here. But somebody there has managed to put together a pretty fair photographic learning site.
    It is because of their hobbits.

Well done Sean (again).
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, 11 years now! Congrats to Sean and all those very kind people here! Just wish the Chatroom was used a bit more....

Hans
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Lunching for APUG

Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    It is because of their hobbits.

Well done Sean (again).

Likewise......hobbits are always thinking about the next roll [and curling up with some nice sheets]...
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks guys. This thread is 1yr old and we're already past year 11 now Amazing how time flies..

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin