Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,674   Posts: 1,481,881   Online: 1145

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

A Decade of APUG! Sept. 6th 2002-2012

Hi All,

I would like to wish our community a happy birthday on this epic 10yr milestone. 10 years! It is hard to believe many of us have been here for a decade. I have now been involved with APUG more than a quarter of my life and my daughter Amelia's entire life.

Remember the old days?

I have very vivid memories of being on AOL instant messenger and banging name ideas around when suddenly the APUG acronym came to mind. Little did I know what would become of it and how it would evolve. I am proud of what we have become, but the real joy for me is being part of the upstanding and supportive APUG family. I also can't thank our moderators and council members enough for the incredible way they keep the tone of APUG consistent -they truly make it look easy. They volunteer their time and energy to this community and I'm sure they find the results of their efforts as rewarding as I do. Also, a big thanks to our many sponsors and subscribers who have supported us over the years, scary to think where we would be without that support.

Here's to the next decade, and a toast to the APUG.

Thanks!
    Sean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Happy Anniversary APUG! And a big cheers to you Sean, for starting it all up ten years ago.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cheers!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Cheers!! I can't believe how long I've been hovering around here :-)

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Happy birthday. I have been here for six years. I will subscribe again on pay day!

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Happy anniversary A.P.U.G. the seven and a half years I've been a member has gone like a flash, participating in it it has really enriched my life, the ability to hear the views and communicate with other photographers all over the World although I don't always agree with their views is a tremendously valuable resource that it's a shame that more long term members who have a house full of expensive photographic equipment who can well afford to do not subscribers to ensure the forums continuation.
    Thank you Sean for all your efforts on our behalf, and here's looking forward to the next ten years
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been here just a few months. I had no idea APUG had been around for 10 years. That's quite a milestone. Congratulations! And thanks to everyone for the great educational resource. I've learned a lot here already.
    --
    Kenton Brede
    http://kentonbrede.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Long and happy life to APUG and the members as well.

Keep shooting!

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    7+ years for me.

Many more to come (I hope).

Congrats Sean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Big and hearty congrats! I discovered it after a mention in B&W mag. I've met some great people through here and I blame them all for the increase in my camera pile. If it weren't for APUG, I would never have considered 4x5.

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin