Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,911   Posts: 1,584,688   Online: 723

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks Jim and everyone for your comments! I am also looking forward to another great year! When APUG started I was shooting 35mm, and large format seemed like something WAY beyond my grasp. The members here made me feel like anything was possible with my photography, and the strong sense of community makes me feel like someone always has my back. In just a few days I'll be shooting my first 8x10!!! I owe that to the encouragement and inspiration from the members here

Sometimes it can be a struggle to find 'admin' time for the site, yet no one has ever made me feel like it is a problem. I'd like to also thank our sponsors and members for their financial support in the running of APUG. You are such a generous bunch in so many ways, it is truly an honor to be associated with you.

Stay tuned for some 8x10 contact print scans!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Excellent post, Jim. Very well said!

Sean, as always, many many thanks. All the very best wishes to you and your family for 2005.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bravo, Jim. My sentiments as well. APUG is an excellent example of the best kind of community to be had on the Internet -- one that begins in the analog world, steps into the digital realm as a matter of communication necessity, and explodes in a rainbow of devirtualized projects that ensure APUG is one of the very most *human* places on the net.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well said Jim, and cheers to all and a big thank you to Sean. This site has been an inspiration, and a great place to learn. It's great to meet like minded folks from all over! Happy New Year evreyone!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl
    This place is totally responsible for my growth in photography.
    Count me in for this one. Thanks to Sean and everyone who has answered my stupid newbie questions (and hopefully will continue to answer them ) for the last couple months.

Here's to another great year!

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There's "something rich and strange" about APUG: I've learned more through answering questions here than I've learned form all other sources since I started photography!

So to anyone embarrassed over "newbie questions": Some of us like answering them - as long as they're not dealing with monitor calibration and storage media like they do on all the other photo sites!

Thanks, Sean!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Amen To all of the Aove

as a new subscriber I would like to say amen to all of the above-I no longer feel like such a loner with my LF affliction.....what a support group...I so look forward to seeing even 1 or 2 "new posts since your last visit!"

Thanks Sean

Dave in Vegas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well said Jim!

There are many participants here who have vast experience, and who consistently share their knowledge quietly and selflessly. This is so valuable to those that wish to use it (and there are many here at APUG). Like most here, I've received so much inspiration and technical information that has helped personally with my photography. Very grateful to those that contribute so much. Thank you.

Got a good thing going here Sean.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kwmullet
    APUG is an excellent example of the best kind of community to be had on the Internet..........APUG is one of the very most *human* places on the net.
    Amen. Thanks, Sean, and thanks everybody. The civility of discourse found here is all too rare in today's world. It's a real pleasure.

Like bwgirl said, I owe much of what I know to this site, and the incredible opportunity to pick some of the best photographic brains around the world.
    "If You Push Something Hard Enough, It Will fall over" - Fudd's First Law of Opposition

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ...what he said
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin