Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,427   Online: 901

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Congrats to Sean and all of APUG

With the New Year approaching, I just want to take a moment and thank Sean for the incredible job he has done with APUG and all the members who continue to prove that traditional/alternative process photography is alive and well.

The growth of this site is an amazing thing. I have not had the time lately to participate as much as I would like, but ever time I visit, the volume of new members who ask questions, share knowledge and show images fills me with optimism about the future of our medium. I don't think any other photography site on the web can boast the international participation we enjoy. That is another testament to the membership.

I also want to thank everyone for making this the most friendly, fun and collegial site of its kind on the web. There are a lot of passionate people here and where many sites eventually begin to wallow into the mud of insults, personal attacks and self-interest, APUG has steered clear by and large. I can only attribute this to the idea that members put photography and civility ahead of themselves.

When the discussion turns away from photography in the lounge threads, at its most serious a great sense of respect between members is usually displayed and when less serious an easy going liveliness that always reminds me of sharing a pint with good friends abounds.

I sincerely believe that 20 or 30 years down the road when photographers are still using film and platinum, darkrooms and LF/ULF, Leicas and Holgas they will say that APUG was one of the things that kept traditional photography alive.

Happy New Year and Peace
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Images
    Hear, Hear!
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well said Jim
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Very well said indeed.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Eloquent, Jim! This place is totally responsible for my growth in photography (for whatever that's worth ).

Thanks for the great site, Sean, but also...thanks to the rest of you here who have shared so willingly of yourselves!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well said! This is a great site. When I registered, I was one of the early registrants. The site was slow and hard to navigate. And I was crusing during work, we had direct connections to the internet (I worked at an ISP). I stayed on for a little bit and every time I logged on, it was so hard. Then I forgot all about it. Came back to this new format (with the grey borders) and the site had grown!!!

I hope everyone has a great new year and success and may we all come back to this site next year and post a heck of a lot more pictures!!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Well written Jim, and expresses the sentiments that I feel but could never put into words. Last night, I was looking at a fresh batch of tranparencies that I got back from being developed and I noticed that there was a marked change in my work over the past several months; I had fewer rejects, and I feel that I am paying much close attention to the process of LF photography and wasting less film; all which I attribute to the inspiration of those on APUG.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well said, Jim. I concur that Sean is doing a great job at providing a venue in which people of varying degrees of experience can share that experience as well as their creativity, all for mutual benefit. Hats off to everyone, including the vendors who help support the effort.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This Friday evening I will hoist a glass of bubbly in Sean's honor. This site is incredible, a haven of like minded, passionate photographers.
    I does thanks ya muchly!

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Eloquent and sums up my own feelings Jim...and Here's to You and the NEW Camera's Jim..may you be as successful as APUG.
    Mike C

Rambles

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin