Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,213   Online: 873

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Fieldtrip workshop with Bruce Barnbaum in the Steens Mountain, Oregon.

Photographer Bruce Barnbaum is leading a 5 day fieldtrip workshop in the Steens Mountain area of Oregon. June 22-26. Tuition is $450. limited to 10 (or 12 if you like to camp).
    Our days will generally consist of an early morning (sunrise) field session, followed by indoor sessions of critiques and print discussions. Before 5:00pm, we'll head out for an evening/sunset session. Sites for field sessions will include Steens Mountain top; the Alvord Desert, including the Alvord Hot Springs, Mickey Hot Springs, and the Eastern wall of Steens Mountain; and the Malheur Wildlife Reserve, including the Round Barn and the Long Barn.
    Contact Robert8x10 at his PM or call this number 503.614.0161.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Are you involved with the workshop? Just curious, as you're not listed as one of the instructors.

The workshop does sound interesting - it's a definitely possibility, but I have to wait until my job situation stabilizes, hopefully in the next few weeks....
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You will have so much fun if you take this workshop. Bruce is a bundle of energy so get sleep before hand, and sleep once you get home. While at that workshop, you will learn so much about film and what are the capabilities combined with the zone system. This is a highly reccommended workshop.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    You will have so much fun if you take this workshop. Bruce is a bundle of energy so get sleep before hand, and sleep once you get home. While at that workshop, you will learn so much about film and what are the capabilities combined with the zone system. This is a highly reccommended workshop.
    I've attended Bruce's workshop before, so I know of what you speak. I averaged about 4 hours of sleep a night in the tent I setup behind the classroom
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    There are only 4 spots left in this workshop! Contact me if interested.
    Robert8x10

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert8x10
    There are only 4 spots left in this workshop! Contact me if interested.
    Robert8x10
    Why wouldn't they just contact Bruce directly? Bruce is a member of APUG BTW. I too have taken instruction from him and my comments can be read in his latest brochure I believe. He's a blast and so knowlegeable.

robert are you the guy that was selling some used Omega gear thru Bruce a couple of years ago?
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    That was the lab I was with. I was trying to get the equipment to good homes and not to the local landfill as some of the equipment did go.
    Bruce is having me do this as its a Portland Photographers Forum Workshop. We use the portion of the proceeds to buy use cameras, clean them up and give them to a local high school. Where the students want to explore the art of photography but can't afford cameras. So far PPF has given out 6 manual cameras, film and chemistry.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Right on Robert. I remember talking to Bruce about this workshop come to think of it. Good luck.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin