Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,221   Posts: 1,532,330   Online: 1067

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Emergency Forum Software Upgrade This Weekend

The forum software needs to be patched due to some security issues so may be offline for a bit. This has to do with a few malicious worms going around, so the software company has asked everyone to upgrade asap, as well as my ISP. It will take a day to prepare the files, but the forum will be open during that time. When it's time to upgrade I will lock the forum and gallery, and will have a notice on the site header with progress.

Thanks

Images
    This reminds me, I need to de-worm the cat.
    Watch for Loose Gravel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hm...for some reason, I feel like a margarita.....
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    arrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhh I am having pre withdrawal symptoms............. PWS
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Looking Good.

Congrats on the upgrade. Especially since it was so much work for little visibility.

Seems to be working like a charm .

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John McCallum
    Congrats on the upgrade. Especially since it was so much work for little visibility.

Seems to be working like a charm .
    It's over-done-through-finished? I didn't feel a thing! :o
    "Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by garryl
    It's over-done-through-finished? I didn't feel a thing! :o
    Neither did I, but I wasn't at home

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi all,

There was no upgrade last week just a telco related outage. I'm going to shoot for an upgrade this weekend though. Initially we will loose some of our features, mainly recipes/articles/journals/arcade/possibly the chatroom. The main thing is to get the forum upgraded, working 100%, and back up -then I can re-install the other features 1 at a time. There should be no loss of data when everything is completed. I'll keep you posted..

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    Hi all,

There was no upgrade last week just a telco related outage. I'm going to shoot for an upgrade this weekend though. Initially we will loose some of our features, mainly recipes/articles/journals/arcade/possibly the chatroom. The main thing is to get the forum upgraded, working 100%, and back up -then I can re-install the other features 1 at a time. There should be no loss of data when everything is completed. I'll keep you posted..

Thanks
    First it is apug that will be down for a while, then the chatroom might not be accessible for a while after that????? omg I may have to go out and take pictures. I may not be the peaceful, shy, mellow, agreeable Aggie until the chatroom is back.

another PWS attack
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Okay this Saturday NZ time is the forum upgrade day. I am taking a 100% full backup tonight. This means if it all turns to custard I will re-instate the site as it was right now. I've done a lot of these upgrades without issue, but be warned we could lose a day of data in a worst case scenario. I will leave everything operating as normal until I get close to the upgrade sequence, then will lock the forum. A link to a temporary chatroom will be available during the upgrade. I will give status reports, and best case scenario is we are only off-line for an hour. Thanks, Sean

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin