Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,762   Posts: 1,516,131   Online: 828

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by summerbee View Post
    I often visit the italian Pentax user forum (www.pentaxiani.it) and there's a feedback section there. You simply report what you bought from whom and that the transaction was ok... simple and funcional, and no stars or rating sys needed...
    I started that kind of Sale Feedback thread yesterday:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/...bout-sale.html

David/Sean - Can one'a you make the Sale Feedback thread linked above a sticky?
    Last edited by zsas; 06-08-2013 at 06:31 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm
    I do support it to get a sticky one!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thread stuck, but again, whether it works or not will depend on whether enough people participate, and for most occasional/infrequent sellers, buyers will have to rely on other information, like general forum reputation based on how long they've been around and how active they are on the forum.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Great thanks David and Summerbee.

Have at it folks, remember let's keep the below thread banter free and without drama so Sean, David and the other mods don't need to waste their valuable time. Give it a spin folks:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/...bout-sale.html
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Thread stuck, but again, whether it works or not will depend on whether enough people participate, and for most occasional/infrequent sellers, buyers will have to rely on other information, like general forum reputation based on how long they've been around and how active they are on the forum.

in fact in the site I forementioned it's mandatory after any transaction as extablished by the rules of that market...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just got an email from the guy. He sent me pictures for the wrong Kirk l-bracket. I found the original images on Gumtree. What a plonker. I told him where to go.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hope you sent him a map too, just in case he misses his road to nowhere...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, same adioman guy sent me a message too! For Photoshop 2, not something everybody around here has lying in their closets. I ignored it because I had a hunch that it was fishy. Glad I got confirmation now, so my conscience can rest. Agree with Ghostman, what a plonker. But then, these jerks are just everywhere.

Shooter
    35mm
    On the subject of bank transfers, they are not often used for private transactions in the UK, except perhaps with people you know well. One of the problems is that you need to divulge essential details about your bank account number, sort code etc, which are the very items of information that scammers are after to clean your account out (eg the folk in Nigeria etc). For that reason I've never accepted them on the various sites where I've sold items. Despite their faults, using people like PayPal, Google etc is safer.

Shooter
    35mm
    It's totally normal in Switzerland to do bank transfers to move money to another person, I often pay for things this way. I also transfer money to UK accounts doing this but you no longer need to use account numbers & sort codes. All you need is the name & IBAN number for the person & off you go. It's really quite safe this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Brac View Post
    On the subject of bank transfers, they are not often used for private transactions in the UK, except perhaps with people you know well. One of the problems is that you need to divulge essential details about your bank account number, sort code etc, which are the very items of information that scammers are after to clean your account out (eg the folk in Nigeria etc). For that reason I've never accepted them on the various sites where I've sold items. Despite their faults, using people like PayPal, Google etc is safer.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin