Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,039   Online: 986

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

I got a bogus apug email today so watch out

This mail came in to me spoofing the apug.org name. Here is a copy, if you get anything like this especially asking you to open an attachment do not do it, just delete the message. Thanks, Sean

Subject: Email account utilization warning.
    Date: Fri, February 18, 2005 12:38 am
    To: admin@apug.org
    Priority: Normal
    Options: View Full Header | View Printable Version

Dear user, the management of Apug.org mailing system wants to let you know that,

Your e-mail account will be disabled because of improper using in next
    three days, if you are still wishing to use it, please, resign your
    account information.

Advanced details can be found in attached file.

For security reasons attached file is password protected. The password is "22322".

Have a good day,
    The Apug.org team

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    This mail came in to me spoofing the apug.org name. Here is a copy, if you get anything like this especially asking you to open an attachment do not do it, just delete the message. Thanks, Sean
    If these people ever learn to write grammatical English, we'll really be in trouble!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've betting different ones from 'apug' addresses. Have deleted them so can't say what the content has been but it wasn't that elaborate. However, if they can predict "will be disabled because of improper using in next three days" can they also let me know the lotto numbers for tomorrow night

Images
    I've never trusted all those guys on the "Apug.org team" anyway.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The tomfoolery of these silly nincompoops from far flung places should be treated with utter contempt. I have had several emails of the " I am an African president. Can you help me take $47 million out of the country....I only need you bank details". On every occassion I engage them with convoluted sentences, complex grammar and complete bamboozlement whilst appearing interested. I prefer to take on the role of a 19 century Englishment with nothing but contempt for the dillydallying of the natives. It takes days for them to cotton on, during which time they spend hours at their computers (and dictionaries) otherwise unable to con others. I love it and was inspired by a site I saw from a chap who regularly spun these shits out with 3 months of emailing and seriously messing them about...always dangling carrots. In this case, what do you think it was all about. Malicious software?

Tom

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Hi Sean

I got a somewhat similar email with the same message from my companys management team. and I thought I was the chief bottle washer around this place.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie
    I got a somewhat similar email with the same message from my companys management team. and I thought I was the chief bottle washer around this place.
    I got am email from my own company to me also, it is my company!!..Evan Clarke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Stanworth
    The tomfoolery of these silly nincompoops from far flung places should be treated with utter contempt. I have had several emails of the " I am an African president. Can you help me take $47 million out of the country....I only need you bank details".

I got one a couple days ago. Allegedly from the MEF in Iraq. They've found Sadam's millions and need a little help. I didn't go to the trouble of trying to figure out the location but it sounded like a native english speaker.

Then I got one yesterday offering me great deals on cheap Chinese drugs and software. That one came from Dallas. Never knew Shanghai was in Texas before. :rolleyes:

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    you caught me lol

just kidding

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It was probably a trojan that would open your computer up to either crackers or to be used for spreading spam. They put the trojan inside a password protected Zip file so that your anti-virus software can't scan inside the Zip file.

Cheers, Bob.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin