Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,277   Online: 878

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Have moved to a fully dedicated server

Hello all,

I an emergency fashion I decided it's time to move us to a fully dedicated server. I have learned that with sites like this you can come across BIG problems, and when you have problems you need full control to resolve them. With our own server we will not simply just live on a pre-configured webserver, we'll be able to configure our own server in the best possible way for our specific needs. I don't know yet if the new server will resolve the issues we had on the old server. We will have to wait and see..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If we still have problems i'll have to shut the site down again, and take it from there..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    Hello all,
    [snip]
    server. I have learned that with sites like this you can come across BIG problems, and when you have problems you need full control to resolve them. With our own server we will not simply just live on a pre-configured webserver, [snip]
    Yeah! Great job Sean!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Aaarrrrr!! We'll sail where 'ere ye takes us Cap'n Sean! Aye!

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Images
    I am glad there will be more control. Any more blackouts and I might actually get some work done.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks guys..

I have re-opened the gallery to see how that goes.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I hope going to the new server will not over tax Sean. He does have a life, family and a real job too. Good work tho Sean, and thanks for keeping out little asylum running.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks Sean. Your hard work and dedication is appreciated more than you know.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It shouldn't be too bad Eric. I am with the same host and the server is fully managed, meaning they maintain it, upgrade the core software, repair any hardware faults, etc. There is more cost involved, but with our sponsors and the recent increase in subscribers we're covered pretty good..

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I look after our website at work and it's been a lot easier since I moved ours to a dedicated server. For example, if you need to upgrade php then you can do it straight away without waiting for the hosting company to do it. But I certainly didn't move ours in a day! Well done, that was fast.

Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin