Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,147   Online: 864

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    hello sean,

just signed up. i am the king of techno-klutziness & at the near-bottom of my learning curve on things internet/computer/etc. please bear with my (dumb/obvious/etc) questions about getting my site up.

i have gone to godady.com & secured my domain name. now, i'm wondering "what to do next" to set up the site. did i miss a step in the registration process?

i chose apug hosting because i wanted to provide some measure of support for a film-friendly/supportive/oriented site.

breathe, relax, smile, and enjoy
    www.neverforgetbeslan.org (under construction)
    kenneth@neverforgetbeslan.com

"...patience and shuffle the cards" miguel cervantes

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok, lets get this thread to the front again! Is there web hosting here at apug? I thought it was gone. Wouldn't it be nice if someone affiliated w/ a division of apug, getting some kind of stipend from apug could help set up sites for subscribers and host the sites and the fore-mentioned subscribers would in stead of paying 25 bucks or so per year, as dues, would pay....I don't know, 150 bucks or so or some figure above 25 for the service. Is there any chance of something like this happening? This is for us non tech people that just don't seem to be able to conprehend what it takes to put a site together.

drew

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Drew, I will probably stop taking orders for hosting. I find the overhead involving support has not been worth the income it generates. I'll give it some more thought but I'm leaning towards doing away with new accounts..

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Hi Drew, I will probably stop taking orders for hosting. I find the overhead involving support has not been worth the income it generates. I'll give it some more thought but I'm leaning towards doing away with new accounts..
    That's a shame Sean. I've been really happy with the hosting we've had for the mountain biking group and I've been recommending others to check out your package. Maybe you should up the price for new accounts rather than simply drop all availability (or at least offer "No Support" or "Minimal Support" style hosting for those who are confident with hosting systems ....).

Cheers,
    Graeme
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Phew!!!

I just got an uncomfortable feeling that there was something I'd forgotten about when I went to find hosting for my new hobby project - www.casket-set.com - but it seems that I'd remembered something more than I could remember having forgotten.

Since that sentence doesn't really make sense, neither do I expect the website to do so. I have to rebuild www.bruraholo.no some day, too...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin