Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,223   Posts: 1,532,521   Online: 1135

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

APUGHOSTING.ORG Is Launched..

I have finished building the new site http://www.apughosting.org and we are ready to start taking onboard websites.

APUGHOSTING.ORG allows our members to host their websites on the apug.org server. It's a win-win situation, your site lives on our server helping us to offset operating costs.

Just keep in mind our target audience would be smaller and more static sites. If you need a larger package or a lot of handholding with your site's development I can suggest other hosts -our provider realwebhost.net or our member satinsnow (I know people that are happy hosting with Dave's hosting company so PM him).

If you have any questions feel free to post them here. Thanks!
    Last edited by Sean; 03-21-2005 at 03:39 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cool! I just signed up.
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Does it support PHP and MySQL..? If so...I am on!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    yup, pretty much offers what the other isp's have which is a linux based system running cpanel (a great tool for managing your site)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    yup, pretty much offers what the other isp's have which is a linux based system running cpanel (a great tool for managing your site)
    I'll consider it right now!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Will you be providing a mail server or will we need to use our ISP for out going mail? In any event I will move mrcallow.com. If you provide a mail server I will look at migrating my other clients.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Sean, what about mod_perl? Is that available? Would we have control of our own web server, ie our stuff runs on a back-end proxy, which we control? I currently host my own server, but if I can save money and move to another environment, I may do it.
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cpanel is a pretty good tool. Does the package offer a shell terminal via SSH?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Can I place digital pictures taken with a digital camera on your digital server or is the forum guideline of analog the accepted practice?... Sorry, I just had to ask.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sean, What sort of Spam filter are you using with the email and do you offer mail forwarding?

Cheers,

James

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin