Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,559   Posts: 1,545,253   Online: 845

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blansky
    There once was a man named Scarpetti
    Whose manner would be defined as petty
    Whose craving for attention
    Had reached such dimension
    That he may soon end up as confetti

I love it Michael! You've described Mr.ScarfacePetty to a tee. Speaking of sutures, I'm in stitches reading your limeric (is that how you spell it?)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Gosh a new thread, and 11 pages already!
    I ain't got time to read all this sadly.
    Oh Gareth Harper is my real name by the way. Probably would help if everybody used their real name, but then again what's the point, there is no way of enforcing it.

The lounge, well it's for anything. Maybe a warning notice should be posted on the lounge.
    As for politics and photography, well, for me photography is political, just as life is. I do try to keep that in check here, and there is no excuse for anything personal in any of the technical areas.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Don't worry, these people go away if you ignore them.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by David H. Bebbington
    I'm saying (again) what I said before - I would expect Eisenstadt to have had his camera preset for exposure and distance before he ever saw the possibility of a picture of Goebbels, so that he could shoot instantly, if necessary without putting the camera to his eye. Did he use a meter to preset his camera or informed guesswork? Who knows - the first Weston Universal meter came out in 1930, I have a working example on my desk (but use it as a paperweight).
    I am sure he knew the exposure without even thinking about it. Most of us who have had lots of experience shooting B&W outdoors can do it. It's not difficult. All you need to worry about is having sufficient exposure. 1 or 2 stops over is not going to ruin anything, not by a long shot.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I must confess that I find it difficult to ignore them although I should. Maybe my compulsion is much like that of a child who insists on banging on the monkey's cage at the zoo. OK, now that I've confessed that I feel much better. Ignore them I shall

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    Don't worry, these people go away if you ignore them.
    Don't worry, you won't learn anything if you ignore that which you find puzzling...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    :rolleyes:

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin