Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,960   Posts: 1,558,266   Online: 956

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

A thank you note to several apug members!

I was told a few days ago that some members (over 40) had chipped in to buy me a thank you gift, and to expect a package delivery. This was in relation to the days of agony during our server bot attack problems which resulted in 2 server migrations. To my amazement it was a Fujinon 360 for my 8x10! Plus money left over to take the wife out to dinner. This is the exact lens I have been scoping out and something I REALLY needed badly. My poor wife, I think she had thought I received some news that someone passed away when I approached to tell her what I got in the mail (I was a little misty). You guys really overwhelm me with your generosity and I can't thank you enough. I now have a Nikkor 240 and Fujinon 360 both given to me by the membership here. It truly warms my heart to know that my photographs will be taken using the lenses given to me by friends.

I think everyone involved in this gesture would like to thank the man who put it together, Gene LaFord (aka papagene). I can't imagine the legwork that must have gone into pulling this off. Thanks so much Gene!

I have 4 days off as of now, so hoping to get a few shoots in!

Thanks again and again and again! Sean

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Wonderful!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You definitely deserve such a present. It's nice of our fellow APUGers to think about your wife too: all the time you're busy working on the site asks a lot of patience from her. My Girlfriend knows that too ;-)

Have a nice shooting!

G

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sean, you more than deserve it! The hours (and hours!) you put in, the professionalism you show in all your dealings and the amount of yourself you put into APUG all make it the wonderful place it is. You are so very much appreciated!

I hope your good lady wife thoroughly enjoys the dinner; being Mrs APUG can't be easy and I hope this goes some way to making up for the trials and tribulations.

Gene - Hats off to you, sir! Beautiful piece of organisation (and research in getting just the right lens)! Many thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow! What a wonderful act of kindness!

Sean, I'm sure you will enjoy that lens and I'll bet the images you make with it will be magical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You definitely deserve it Sean. Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to this great community.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You deserve way more than that, Sean. Thanks again for all the fine work you've put into the site!
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Is there a way to contribute to this gift retroactively? I had no idea and definately would have contributed. If this is too difficult, Sean, what other items do you have on your darkroom / camera wishlist at several different price points? (there must be something). Mine are (not that I expect anyone other than me or my wife to buy them):

--Hasselblad X-Pan
    --6x17 Fuji
    --210 APO lens for my RZ II
    --an 8x10 camera.

Sean, this is my #1 photography site and its the best run, most intuitive site I have been to. Bravo.
    --Jeffrey

www.jsteinbergphoto.com (my avocation)
    www.reversis.com (my vocation)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sean,

I'm sure a lot of folks can say it much better than I, but APUG is much, much more than a website about analog photography. APUG has grown into a real community and has allowed all of us to meet new people from all over the world.

Here we can share our experiences, help each other with technical matters, and display our works. However, the most important thing is the friendships that have been made through these forums. For that alone, we can never thank you enough for your untiring efforts and devotion.

As my kids say, "You 'da man!"
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm with Bob on this! Thanks Sean for such a great place!

And Gene, you are a gem of a man!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin