Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,287   Posts: 1,535,315   Online: 880

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

HAD A MAJOR OUTAGE

Hi guys, got home from work tonight to find the site dead. Started out as an sql (database) looking error. Got the host involved. Since it's now 1am.. to make a long story short, looks like part of the server software (cpanel) has a new bug that has been corrupting some sites and we got hit with it. Luckily this happened shortly after we had a full backup taken, because we had to revert to the backups. It doesn't look like we lost much, if we did there isn't much we can do. Gotta get some shut eye, hope all is well now, see ya!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No harm done over here. APUG didn't keep me from working contiunuously today ;-)

G

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, it was terrible: I actually had to go in to the darkroom and actually make some actual prints...

Have a nice sleep Sean!

Bob.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Glad the site is back up. I always get nervous when I can't get on a site I consider important. About two years ago one of the photography sites I used to visit was down without notice for two days. I thought they were gone. They are mostly digital now and I rarely visit.
    "When elephants fight it is the grass that suffers"
    African proverb

IRAQNAM is Bush's legacy

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm very glad that I had to do some actual work today, otherwise I might have noticed. And that would have bothered me...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I´ve been trying to upload some images. Although the screen indicates that "the upload was successfull," my personal gallery displays no image afterwards. Does this have something to do with the site´s outage or is this yet another sign of my limited computer skills ?
    Photos are made four inches behind the camera

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry Peter: it looks like you... I just uploaded a test image successfully....

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Yeah, I just successfully uploaded an image about 15 minutes ago.
    "When elephants fight it is the grass that suffers"
    African proverb

IRAQNAM is Bush's legacy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    O.K. O.K. Finally managed to upload the image - and confirm why I had been unable to do so ... Now I only have to find out how to make the image on the screen look more like ... well, ... the actual photo
    Photos are made four inches behind the camera

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin