Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,418   Online: 841

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Classifieds feedback/rating system installed

Hi, All, I added an ebay style feedback system to the classifieds area. At first glance it seems that the system could be abused since it is based on good faith, but I would like to believe this will not happen. If it does turn into something that is a headache to manage I can remove it, but for now lets go with it. To access and leave feedback for someone you will see the link under their name in the classifieds area. Here is a screenshot:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Excellent Sean. I've purchased some expensive items from a couple APUG'rs that were good transactions and would like to know if a feedback can be added anytime? Seems that way.

What is to prevent someone from leaving a feedback for the heck of it (neg or pos), if they didn't purchase anuthing?
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blaze-on
    Excellent Sean. I've purchased some expensive items from a couple APUG'rs that were good transactions and would like to know if a feedback can be added anytime? Seems that way.

What is to prevent someone from leaving a feedback for the heck of it (neg or pos), if they didn't purchase anuthing?
    Yes feedback can be left at anytime. I suggest everyone use the available option to include the url of the item which was sold. This should give a bit of credibility for those looking to research a buyer. Next step is to keep all of the old sales, so I may make an expired listing forum that old sales are moved into.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I don't think it matters too much one way or the other. If there were some particularly bad seller on APUG, I'm sure the injured party would make it known in short order, and in general, we seem to know who are the familiar characters around here.

It will be good to have a way to move sold items out of the current classifieds, though. I usually try to delete mine if they sell within the time frame when that's possible.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    I thought the rating system was on EVERY post. But I just noted it was on classified ads. only. Which is much better than including it on every post.

But I still don't care for the idea-- I hate to see APUG turned into a SELLERS TOOL.

And yes, it would be nice to have some way to clean up the sold items.
    —Eric

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    One suggestion I have, which is something that was done on a computer related mailing list I subscribe to would be to make a searchable text file with all the members eBay IDs (of course it's voluntary to add your eBay ID), which is good for a couple of things, first, if you're buying something from an APUG member it's nice to know, and secondly, at least in theory if you see something you're interested in, but see another APUG member is currently bidding on it, you can decide if you want to bid against them or not.

Just a thought.

-Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like the feedback idea... I've had some great buying experiences here on APUG from some folks who have really gone the extra mile. I'm glad I can share my appreciation in a way that all of APUG will see instead of in a random thread that might not get much exposure.

Thanks Sean!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    From what I see, you can leave feedback to someone who has posted a response in the classifieds. I have a case where someone responded to a WTB ad via PM. He hasn't ever posted to the classifieds. Is there a way to leave feedback in this case?

Matt

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    So we've had this for a few months, and there are 122 feedbacks posted, all positive. Do we need this? Maybe we should invite Cambridge Camera or someone to post some items for sale.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We are simiply all above average.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin