Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,494   Online: 1023

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

New feature!, integrate your ebay listings within apug

Hi Guys, You'll notice I have a little ebay logo by my name now, and if you click it, it shows my ebay listings within the apug site. The nifty thing about this, is that it is part of an ebay affiliate program so apug can get kickbacks from the activity on ebay when using member's ebay links via apug ($0.10 for each bid or Buy It Now transaction that is referred from apug and $20 or so for new ebay signups). I am out of time to do much testing with it. If you would like to add this it is very easy. Just go to your apug profile and there is a new field "Your_EBAY_User_ID", just put in your ebay name. I am not sure if it always shows the ebay icon next to your name, or if it only shows it when you have auctions running (haven't tested it yet). Ideally it would not show the ebay logo if you have no auctions running, but not sure it is that smart, would appreciate if someone could test that. If it's not that smart you can always remove your ebay name from your profile, and then when you run some actions add it back to your profile so people know you have some auctions listed. I will make a more subdued ebay logo soon because it's a bit of an eye sore. Let me know if you have any problems running it, or what you think. I think it's kind of neat. Thanks!

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Testing, testing...

I know I have no ebay auctions running - someone on apug always wants what I'm planning to sell!
    Last edited by Ole; 07-31-2005 at 07:35 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Yup, still got the logo!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks Ole! Well, I guess people will need to just update their profile to get the most out of using the function. I'll see if the coder can mod it to disappear if no auctions are listed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I should also be able to create a single page that loads all of the apug members ebay auctions in one spot (well the ones who add their ebay names to their profile), then have a link to that page in the classifieds area for anyone who wants to view apug ebay listings..

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    Thanks Ole! Well, I guess people will need to just update their profile to get the most out of using the function. I'll see if the coder can mod it to disappear if no auctions are listed.
    Sean:

I added my ebay ID, and it goes to the page that explains the affiliate program (how much you get for bids, buy-it-nows, new members, etc) followed by a listing of items I'm selling. I would suggest just removing the stuff about how much you get, etc, and changing the text to something like "Here are this APUG Member's current auctions" possibly mentioning that if no items appear then the member isn't currently selling anything.

-Mike

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Profile edited.

It's a nice idea this - I feel "safer" buying from other apuggers.

Maybe there could be an option for buyers as well - I try to avoid outbidding other apuggers if I know they have been asking about something, or need it more than I do. Like old lenses and such, I guess...
    Last edited by Ole; 07-31-2005 at 07:50 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: "Bibbing"??? I've never bibbed on addything!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I should also be able to create a single page that loads all of the apug members ebay auctions in one spot (well the ones who add their ebay names to their profile), then have a link to that page in the classifieds area for anyone who wants to view apug ebay listings..
    If you can do that, it would be really cool. I know I would certainly check there before my usual checking of ebay itself! You might want to see if there's a way you could also have a page that would basically go to eBay's photo section in general, so that then any bids placed on any items (not just other apug members items) could get you the credit. I don't know if eBay will let you do that or not, but if so, it would be a good thing.

If you can do that, then perhaps you could setup a page that would offer 3 options, 1 would be 'Internal' which would then go to the current for sale section of apug, 2 would be member's ebay auctions, and 3 would be ebay's photo section

Or something or other like that, I think you know what I'm talking about. (I think I know what I'm talking about, but I'm not sure!)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks Mike, I have removed that text, looks much better. From what I can tell if people use that search box on the apug ebay bar, then we get credit for whatever it leads to. I'll hone this thing up this week so we can get the best use out of it. Yikes! midnight already, better get some sleep!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a great idea. I haven't found where you hid the general link through to Ebay yet, but I did post a heads up for an enlarger I saw and remembered a member asking about one. Now how do I tell them to get there?
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gary,

Go to "Edit My Profile". The ebay box is at the bottom of the page.

g

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin